Oil radiators for sale?

doubleup_dan

Registered
So looks like I’m here until September so I’m looking at getting some sort of electric heater as our flat only has an air con unit to heat it.

I would really like to buy an oil radiator heater as they are, in my opinion the a lot better then a convection heater. The trouble is I can’t find any where that sells them here, All I can find are are used ones on mercado libre that look like they are from the 80s....

Does anyone know why they don’t seem to have them here or where I can find a new one?

Why are they better? I need a heater for a small room, and don't know what to buy.

Why are they better? I need a heater for a small room, and don't know what to buy.
I’ve used them before and the heat is more consistent so u can leave it on while sleeping. With convection it will heat up quicker but then it will be too much and it is hard to keep it at the same temp. If you haven’t used a convection unit for a while it will stink as it burns off the dust. I also fell like they are safer.

If the air con unit is a mini-split with a heat pump it should heat pretty efficiently, no?

A small cheap portable electric caloventor is the best option.. Close your door and you room/bathroom will be heated in no time. Or leave it on thermostat if available. Excellent for travelling .
See Fravega below for $1899 pesos

I'm from Chicago where it gets really cold in the winter that lasts six months. Our family home had a coal furnace with radiators in every room. Buenos Aires hardly has what I consider "winter."

Now is the time when we need to reduce our energy consumption. Have they heard about it in the USA? I doubt it. My sisters can't believe that my electric bill is about $3 per month here.

It's recommended that one sleep in a "cool, quiet, and dark room." In the winter I have no heat in my bedroom at night. The gas heater is in the living room, so I don't leave it on for safety reasons. I know this may sound like "roughing it" to some of you who are used to central heating and turn up the thermostat, rather than down.

Wear more layers of clothing. Use a extra blanket or two. You know, like you did when you went camping in the mountains for a fun adventure. You'll survive.

I'm from Chicago where it gets really cold in the winter that lasts six months. Our family home had a coal furnace with radiators in every room. Buenos Aires hardly has what I consider "winter."

Now is the time when we need to reduce our energy consumption. Have they heard about it in the USA? I doubt it. My sisters can't believe that my electric bill is about $3 per month here.

It's recommended that one sleep in a "cool, quiet, and dark room." In the winter I have no heat in my bedroom at night. The gas heater is in the living room, so I don't leave it on for safety reasons. I know this may sound like "roughing it" to some of you who are used to central heating and turn up the thermostat, rather than down.

Wear more layers of clothing. Use a extra blanket or two. You know, like you did when you went camping in the mountains for a fun adventure. You'll survive.
I am from the uk so I’m used to cold weather. The problem is that our flat is very poorly made and has alot of windows so retains no heat. Plus the sliding doors in our bedroom dont close properly (they made the hole too big for the doors that are installed.) so there is a constant draft.

Back