Oktoberfest in Argentina

pez

Registered
Long weekend in October (8 - 11th) head to Cordoba for the annual Argentina Oktoberfest celebrations.
Traditional German attire not required.

I went a few years ago, but only found Quilmes (not too mention way too many people; sorry, just to warn people).

Are there any microbrews (cervezas artesanales) actually sold at the Oktoberfest? Names of those beers?

Thanks!

JoeBlow said:
Are there any microbrews (cervezas artesanales) actually sold at the Oktoberfest? Names of those beers?

Thanks!

Yeah, but only a few. The best beer I had at the Oktoberfest was the Rojiza made by Dragon Verde. My friends and I just kept going back to his (I think the Dragon Verde company might be just the one dude) booth until he ran out of the Rojiza. He lives and brews his beer somewhere in Patagonia and we asked him if we could order some and get it sent over to BA and he said no.

And, yeah, the entire event really just sort of sucked. I wouldn't recommend going to anyone. Here's one interesting thing I saw while I was there: a kid using an ATM machine in the lobby of a bank while his friend urinated into a corner right next to him. So, it's that sort of event.

I've heard the Oktoberfest in Blumenau, Brazil is much better.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Quinn Travellers Stories 3
N Expat Life 7
Sleuth Expat Life 4
Back