Older Folks Er,senior Citizens Health Cost In Argentina

Hybrid Ambassador

Registered
Hi members: I have been contemplating to move over to the extreme SA continent such as Chile~Argentina. Being studying both countries for its private health care insurance system and its cost. It seems if in Chile, you are out of luck ( not able to afford high insurance cost ) 'cause if once reaching the ages of over 60, then you can not get the private health insurance there. I was searching the cost and availability if in Argentina, if one over the age of 60 can get to enroll in a private health insurance plans and how much it cost? Anyone here cares to enlighten me on this topic which is a must to have for me in order expatriate and live overthere to the passion-landia of great Argentina!

Hello there!
This is what i know,i couple years back the gov't of Argentina passed a law that all medical insurance have to take you if you apply and can pay their fees.i don't know about age limits but the reason this was done was because in the past a private insurance would not take you if you had pre existing condition
I would think age should not be an issue.Costs vary depending on the type of insurance you want or can afford.All the international carriers such swiss medical should have online info and they might be able to give you detailed costs depending on what you need..
On the other hand, here in Argentina they have social medicine as in public hospitals where if you have no insurance they'll treat you free of charge,you can always make a donation to their administration but it is not mandatory..In the town where i live the doctors at the public hospital are the same as the ones you would go a see in their private practice.
The catch is that at the public hospital ,if your condition is not urgent or critical you would have to wait .All the same doctors in their private practice don't keep appointments anyway .;your 4pm appointment could mean you'll see the doc at 630 pm..
My ol' man who is almost 80 had 2 bladder surgeries in the last 2 years and his options were,either wait for an operating room or have the surgery done privately by the same doc at the cost of 15000 pesos.Since his condition was not urgent he waited 2 weeks and got the surgery done at the cost of 0 pesos.
I hope this helps
Good luck to you friend

Health Insurance Plan for over 60

Hospital Italiano $2000 pesos per month
Hospital Aleman $3500 to $5000 per month plus in private hospital room

In case your not up on currency rates $2000 pesos is about U$D 250
At 8 pesos to the dollar.

You may want to take an exploratory excursion here before making the big leap.

Argentina is not that bad then, and that's interesting.
Why go to Chile?!

Health Insurance Plan for over 60

Hospital Italiano $2000 pesos per month
Hospital Aleman $3500 to $5000 per month plus in private hospital room
OK, RichOne-san, _Domo arigato_ even at AR$5000.00 a month it beats my CA's Kaiser Permanente monthly bill of US$975.00

In case your not up on currency rates $2000 pesos is about U$D 250
At 8 pesos to the dollar.

You may want to take an exploratory excursion here before making the big leap.
Mr Whisky-san, Are there an Argentinean private health insurers over there? In Chile there are as many..

Argentina is not that bad then, and that's interesting.
Why go to Chile?!
Hello frenchie-san, Why go to chile? I still haven't been or chosen where to permanently retire as a pensioner yet. Just doin' my research between the two countries..One Argentinean person I met here in CA, told me that the Chilean are very cold genre and reminds him of Argentinos living in Mendoza region! Go figure that out.. But still searching the best country for me to plank my rear end! But 1st, I wanted to be sure that in the event of needing the medical rescue, to be covered well and be able to afford my health insurance.

Back