Olympic Hockey! Canada vs the USA : 9 pm sunday at the Alamo

unstuck

Registered
I have confirmed that the Alamo will show this game tomorrow night (Sunday.) Game time is 21:15; I'll be the chick with the lucky red "True, North, Strong and Free" shirt!

the Alamo is in Recoleta/Barrio Norte, on Uruguay 1175, between Santa Fe and Arenales.

Hope to see all the canucks come out, but I suppose our 'merkin friends are invited, too ;)

Mua,

- j.

unstuck

Registered
Clarification: faceoff is at 9:40 pm BUENOS AIRES time. I will be there 9ish, curious to try their onion rings. hmmmmmmm. Hope to see all my canadians come out, but the rest of yall are invited too ;)

smartelo

Registered
Hello BAExpats. Just wondering if there will be a repeat of this event for the Canada-Germany game tonight? I would definitely attend if the game is showing, as well as the rest of the Team Canada games.

unstuck

Registered
No that one, Smatelo (obviously, by now) but I WOULD like to repeat for the Canada-Russia game tomorrow. However I am not sure that el Alamo will show this. (because they show American coverage, I am not sure that they will show this game. )

I will try to find out and post

Bhop

Registered
Hi Unstuck,
I remember you (and your shirt) from Sunday... now that I have read this after the fact... I'll introduce myself next time. The sling box fail was soooooo painful! I'll be there tomorrow if the game is on. I have a few acquaintances who are down here on biz that would likely come out to watch too. Chau!

unstuck

Registered
Bhop said:
Hi Unstuck,
I remember you (and your shirt) from Sunday... now that I have read this after the fact... I'll introduce myself next time. The sling box fail was soooooo painful! quote]

Not as painful as the Brodeur fail :p I guess my shirt´s not so lucky after all... I´ll be wearing a different Canada shirt tonight!

That is, if the Alamo is showing the game! I´m calling them but I guess they are not open yet

At game is at 9pm BA time again, the USA plays Switzerland at 5 pm, so that doesn´t conflict. The only other olympic sport on at that time is curling... so hell, I´m going to go ahead and guess that they´ll show it on at least 1 slingbox

Bhop

Registered
Run your mouth get it bloody. That loud mouth forsberg jersey douche had it coming. Only wish I was there to see to it. Good on your friend for doing what needed to be done.

Replika

Registered
Are there any people still going? Menu del dia is USA-Finland at 17.00 and Canada-Slovakia at 23.30 (if I'm correct with the times...) and of course bronze and gold medal games on sat and sun.