Olympics coverage here

robwerwe

Registered
Is it me or are the Argentine channels doing their best to omit a lot of the British victories?

I've been watching ESPN a bit but their coverage is set on South American competitors (obviously) its a bit crap when you have TyC, Canal Publico and ESPN+ all showing (at the same time) some argy tennis player playing and missing out the other events.

The bbc is showing EVERY event in hd on satellite, cable, online and as many as they can on Freeview (over the air digital).

Here TyC has had very little Olympics on, i've not bothered with canal publica as they're usually pretty shite and ESPN are not even using ESPN 3 to show any olympics.

pretty poor going.

robwerwe said:
Is it me or are the Argentine channels doing their best to omit a lot of the British victories?

Yawn, not this crap again, please. If you watch TV in Argentina, well, expect that they will showing their own competitors. The same applies to Germany, Sri Lanka or Transnistria.

Amargo said:
Yawn, not this crap again, please. If you watch TV in Argentina, well, expect that they will showing their own competitors. The same applies to Germany, Sri Lanka or Transnistria.

Its not just the Brits they don't want to show. They have hardly shown any of the gold medals.

Its obvious that they don't like anyone else winning.

Other countries show a wide range of sports regardless.

Of course there will be a bias but this is just stupid.

solerboy said:
Not showing many Argentine victories either :)

I virtually NEVER write "LOL", but when I read this one, I did burst out laughing. I'm still laughing as a matter of fact.

scotttswan said:
I've been watching ESPN a bit but their coverage is set on South American competitors (obviously) its a bit crap when you have TyC, Canal Publico and ESPN+ all showing (at the same time) some argy tennis player playing and missing out the other events.

The bbc is showing EVERY event in hd on satellite, cable, online and as many as they can on Freeview (over the air digital).

Here TyC has had very little Olympics on, i've not bothered with canal publica as they're usually pretty shite and ESPN are not even using ESPN 3 to show any olympics.

pretty poor going.

robwerwe said:
Its not just the Brits they don't want to show. They have hardly shown any of the gold medals.

Its obvious that they don't like anyone else winning.

Other countries show a wide range of sports regardless.

Of course there will be a bias but this is just stupid.

The person/people in charge of programming must either hate each other, or play "follow the leader", because when 4 channels are showing the Olympics, usually 3 are showing the same event and then 1 is showing an absolutely mind numbing event. The concept of showing 4 events on 4 different channels just doesn't exist. The mindset can be seen throughout society and so can the lack of objection as well. This wouldn't fly in "other countries". But accepting a substandard product has been ingrained into the national psyche.

I will say that ARGENTINA WON THEIR FIRST MEDAL!!

_62052101_62052100.jpg

There's Delpo! Holding his bronze, as he stands next to Britain's Gold Medal Winning Tennis Champion Andy Murray!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/18907001

Great Britain also won the Mixed Doubles Silver medal today as Andy Murray teamed up with Laura Robson.

Well you have to hand it to Murray, patience and determination are too small a pair of words for what he has finally achieved. Well done mate!

Back