One Of The Top 25 Ice Cream Parlors In The World In Ba?

pablosailor

Registered
The following article which appeared on May 20, 2013 in the newspaper, U.S.A. Today, lists an ice cream parlor in Buenos Aires as being one of the top 25 ice cream parlors in the WORLD! The name of the ice cream parlor is called, A.M. Scannapieco, at Av. Nazca 5274. I went out there to take a look. It’s located in a mostly residential neighborhood. From the outside it looked ok but it wasn’t open. No sign stating the hours. I spoke to a neighbor who said it is closed for the winter and will not be open, again, until September. Does anyone know what the story is with this ice cream parlor? Has anyone tried it?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/destinations/2013/05/18/best-ice-cream-parlors-in-the-world/2194411/

The family used to own a store in Av Cordoba in Palermo but they sold it about 2 years ago and moved out to Villa Pueyreddon

The family used to own a store in Av Cordoba in Palermo but they sold it about 2 years ago and moved out to Villa Pueyreddon

If it was the place around Calle Armenia on the Villa Crespo side of the street, then I'll say "I loved that place!"

It wasn't close to being the best ice cream in town, but it was as clasico and charming as the day is long.

Top 25 in BsAs? No

Top 25 in the world? You do the math.

Ice Cream,

Suggest, Nonna Bianca, San Telmo
Have not been in awhile, that is going to change. Certainly should get a blue ribbon for Buenos Aires.

http://www.welcomesantelmo.com/san-telmo-guia/xk5bjn7p8m/Nonna-Bianca

It's a 5 mins walk from my son's daycare, so maybe when they open back up I'll take him there one afternoon and check it out. So far the best ice cream we've found in the neighbourhood is Adaggio, there's one on Olazabal and Ceretti and looks like they're opening on Congreso and Bucarelli, assume they have other locations in the city though this is the first time we've been close to one. The other places we've tried have had very artificial flavouring, not been too impressed.

The best in town is Cadore, at Corrientes and Rodríguez Peña - the chocolate amargo and mousse de limón are otherworldly. I also love Jauja (Cerviño and Lafinur) for their calafate con leche de oveja, but that's seasonal and not available at present. Their mate cocido is fabulous. They also have beer AND peanut flavors, but not everything is always available because their factory is in El Bolsón, where they use fresh local products, and ship it north.

another vote for Jauja.
but I am also, depending on my mood, the wind direction, phase of the moon, and days since lent, a fan of Volta, Victoria Creme, Bianca, Persicco, and whichever other place is in front of me that day.
And I will certainly try Cadore and Scannapieco.

My favorite out here in provincia is Chinin. I've never recommended it before because it's too far for most expats, but they have tons of flavors and good quality ice cream.

Back