One Year Later: 10 Things About Ba That Now Seem Normal

I've gotten used to the fact that certain products have different taste/quality even if it's supposedly the same thing. Pepitos chocolate chips tasted nothing like Chips Ahoy... however Pepitos Chispas tastes very similar if not the same, so someone somewhere heard my complaints. ;)

have you tried Toddy's yet? My Argentine friends were singing the praises of this "new cookie", so I went and bought them and realized... They're pretty much Chips Ahoy. No complaints, I love Chips Ahoy!

waiting for the bus for 45 minutes and suddenly 4 of your buses come at exactly the same time!

Buying something, usually of a mechanical or electrical nature 'Industria Argentina', and immediately regretting it.

Charlemagne said knowing two languages is like having two souls.

I tell my students that he was wrong it is more like having two heads - at least that is how I feel about it.

Wearing my spanish head I have no problems with communication - both verbal and non verbal - of which expressiveness using facial gestures, shoulders, arms etc is a part. All very rational. I enjoy getting demonstrative it's all rather fun.

Problems can arise when I forget to wear mi cabeza castellano - when really I should know better - for example when crossing the road at a junction and refusing to jump out of the way of left turners who drive hard at me intent on intimidation and instead of leaping for safety I perform an indignant churchillian gesture at the driver (a "V" sign")

Not only is the errant driver so confused that they stop but la nuera just dissolves in laughter everytime as this is further confirmation of el lunático Inglés (english lunacy)

Back