Only In Argilandia

ghost

Registered
Only in Argilandia are you charged with Murder when someone rear-ends you on the highway......
http://www.argentinastar.com/index.php/sid/224938487/scat/d9ed072d737073b4

Sometimes they are quick to charge when there's public outcry for the victim. It's difficult to imagine how it's the truck drivers fault, but they have to do a thorough investigation. You would hope that they would do the investigation first and then bring up charges, but Argentine justice works strangely at times.

My guess is, and I may very well be wrong, that this seems more like a case of falling asleep behind the wheel.

Looks like a bad translation, from the Argentine press I read he was charged with aggravated manslaughter.

On the face of it, it sounds preposterous, but lacking details I would reserve judgement. Argentine truckers are capable of almost anything (but so are ordinary Argentine motorists).
You are right. But all the reports have stated that he was hit from behind. Maybe the truth will surface but these relatives of la Papa

It's difficult to know what happened since they haven't been saying much. My husband heard something about the truck either going very slow on the highway or perhaps stopped (to pee or whatever)... a car coming at a good clip, in the dark, may not have been expecting a parked truck or one that was going very slow. Just pure speculation since little details have been released.

It's difficult to know what happened since they haven't been saying much. My husband heard something about the truck either going very slow on the highway or perhaps stopped (to pee or whatever)... a car coming at a good clip, in the dark, may not have been expecting a parked truck or one that was going very slow. Just pure speculation since little details have been released.

We live in the sticks and I read these stories every week in the local newspapers and it doesnt surprise me at all the way they drive here. Having only a single lane and driving at 100km+ is a recipe for disaster. I`ve actually stopped driving on the routes at night because of the dangers. You only need a motorbike with no lights driving at 30mph on that route to cause you to overtake it onto the on coming lane. Theres an area near us that is about 4 miles long with various speed restrictions on the road,etc as there are people living along the route. It says 40-60kph but I often see people doing double that, even though their are speed bumps drivers in 4x4 pickups just fly over them.

Back