Open a Mercado Libre Account without DNI

matt40

Registered
Hi @everybody,

I did some research, but I think that question didn't appear here yet. Years ago, I lived in Argentina and created a Mercado Libre Account which worked fine at the beginning and then got blocked due I didn't have a DNI. Even after getting in touch with customer support there was no solution sincerely.

From your experience, is it now possible to open a account with a foreign passport (German)?

In case, I would have a Argentinian friend, but she is not here in Argentina.

Just some things, I can't find easily and it is for sure, much easier with Mercado Libre.

Any ideas or experiences are appreciated.

Thank you

I did some research, but I think that question didn't appear here yet. Years ago, I lived in Argentina and created a Mercado Libre Account which worked fine at the beginning and then got blocked due I didn't have a DNI. Even after getting in touch with customer support there was no solution sincerely.
The question has been asked several times and discussed at length since the middle of 2020, whch is when the DNI requirement went into effect.

If your "research" had incuded entering the words "Mercado Libre" in the search feature here, you woud have found the appropriate thread)s in less than 10 seconds:

If you added "DNI" to the search, this would have been the result:

The question has been asked several times and discussed at length since the middle of 2020, whch is when the DNI requirement went into effect.

If your "research" had incuded entering the words "Mercado Libre" in the search feature here, you woud have found the appropriate thread)s in less than 10 seconds:

If you added "DNI" to the search, this would have been the result:

When our usually-helpful resident Libertarian isn't in the mood 😾

Hi @everybody,

thank you for letting me know. I really appreciate it, even if my "searching skills" do have potential. ;)

Just may from your experience. When I do use the account of my Argentinian friend and using a different direction for the delivery, that may should work, right?

Thank you :))

Just may from your experience. When I do use the account of my Argentinian friend and using a different direction for the delivery, that may should work, right?
He can set up a different delivery address. When using ML delivery, courier asks for a DNI number (not to see a physical DNI, but just a number). Sometimes there is also a special secret word that you need to know.

Technically, you would be receiving a delivery for your Argentinean friend, not for yourself, but yes, it is possible.

Never had anyone delivery person to see my dni. They just leave it with the portero. I have been given a code word that is "required" for delivery but has never actually been asked for.

Never had anyone delivery person to see my dni. They just leave it with the portero. I have been given a code word that is "required" for delivery but has never actually been asked for.
We don't have a portero. And they do ask for a secret word on delivery, so I cannot receive a package for my neighbors, unless they give me the code.

We don't have a portero. And they do ask for a secret word on delivery, so I cannot receive a package for my neighbors, unless they give me the code.
My porteros jack up the expenses but they are worth it because they accept all my deliveries for me.

Back