Opening a bank account

One Caveat the max ATM withdrawal was raised to $8000 as I recall. Also can get $8000 cash at markets while purchasing with a local debit card ? Is willowbank a local bank?

I've got a Wilobank account and I'm happy with it. The app's sometimes a bit buggy, but it's free and you get a debit and credit card. The credit card actually has a higher limit than my Galicia account, which I pay for. If all you need to do is transfer money into a local account, Wilobank should be fine.

Unless you're making an international transfer (via SWIFT), in which case you will need an account from of the high street banks. Actually, I think Rebanking now offers international transfers, but I haven't tried it.

thank you for your insight, I have a Canadian bank account which I have been using to withdraw my income when needed since I moved here but everytime I withdrew at the atm I would get charged around 500 pesos (ATM fee) plus a 5 bucks fee from my bank on a maximum of 4000 pesos withdrawal. I believe the internet only banks have their own withdrawal fees on top of the usual 500 pesos fees at the atm.
Trying to cut on these fees by depositing my PayPal funds directly to a local bank account and using their atm for free.

Try using Western Union

Back