Opening a Business in BA

Mbranco

Registered
My boyfriend and I are interested in opening a small business (cafe, bar possibly) in BA. Does anyone have any advice on how to obtain the necessary licenses to do so? We've been talking to many business owners and have heard conflicting stories.

Just seeking some other expat's experience. Thanks!!

I think there are one or two people who have done this here and hopefully they will respond or contact you directly. Good Luck

You might want to talk to the 3 guys who own the The California Burrito Company at lavalle 441. They're Californians.

A friend of my retired from owning a business, last year. She said that anyone who plays by the rules and regulations, CANNOT MAKE A PROFIT.

The red tape involved in opening a business will probably drive you insane.

rumpelstiltskin said:
You might want to talk to the 3 guys who own the The California Burrito Company at lavalle 441. They're Californians.

A friend of my retired from owning a business, last year. She said that anyone who plays by the rules and regulations, CANNOT MAKE A PROFIT.

The red tape involved in opening a business will probably drive you insane.

I had some Argentine friends there that ran a small glass factory that told me something similar. We asked for a catalog or other sales info so that we could perhaps interest people in the states in their products. They said they weren't interested because of all the red tap and taxes wouldn't make it worth doing. A exact quote is that they didn't want to end up working for nothing(i.e. the government takes all the profits in taxes). Argentina isn't exactly business friendly.

Stanexpat said:
Argentina isn't exactly business friendly.

No imagination equals no sales.

Go to mercadolibre.com.ar and see if you can find items for sale by argentineart. Then do the same on ebay (USA).

I'm not trying to promote myself here. I'm just sick of your negative posts and want to make a point.

Back