Opening a mercado pago account

rob0001

Registered
I just received my DNI last week...it took 5.5 months to get it, which is another story, I have since opened a Brubank account, Galicia bank and Santander account.
I would like a Mercado pago account but they rejected me. They said my CUIT doesn't exist.
Background: I'm from the USA and have temporary residency here based on pension.

They said my CUIT doesn't exist.
Are they requesting your CUIT number and are you inputting your DNI number in that field instead?

Check out whether you got a CUIL number already on this page. Try to use it for the tax id.

Oh, and CUIL is also on the reverse side of your DNI, probably.

Last edited:
I just received my DNI last week...it took 5.5 months to get it, which is another story, I have since opened a Brubank account, Galicia bank and Santander account.
I would like a Mercado pago account but they rejected me. They said my CUIT doesn't exist.
Background: I'm from the USA and have temporary residency here based on pension.
Is it a CUIL, not a CUIT?

If you got a CUIL with your precaria, you now need to go to ANSES and "unify" the old CUIL with the new one. That might be why things aren't working.

Oh, I was told a cuit and cuil were the same thing...the back of my DNI card says CUIL only...do I need to somehow get a CUIT?

If you got a CUIL with your precaria, you now need to go to ANSES and "unify" the old CUIL with the new one. That might be why things aren't working.
How do I know if I got a cuil with a precaria?

Actually, I don't even know what a precaria is, hahaha

Ahhh, now I know what a precaria is...and I never had one since I was approved within 2 weeks of arriving in Argentina...I had a good lawyer and prepared months ahead of time.

Ahhh, now I know what a precaria is...and I never had one since I was approved within 2 weeks of arriving in Argentina...I had a good lawyer and prepared months ahead of time.
Wow ok! Well, I have no idea what's going on with MercadoPago. They are fairly restrictive, I'm currently blocked by them, since changing my DNI from resident to citizen.

So, today I went to ANSES and activated my CUIL...it needed to be active and wasn't. They said they needed the dates on my DNI card to fix the problem.
It took just a few minutes.
After, at home, I opened the mercado pago account easily!
Thank you!

Back