Ordering A Laptop Battery From Amazon..advisable?

A

artur

if i order it as Expedited.. will it get here to my office in Palermo?
i dont mind paying the courier the import tax.. i just mind either going to Aduana or not getting it at all.

the cost is $120 ..and its not that big.

anyone pull this off with ordering electronic parts?

thanks!

artur

It's not advisable to order anything electronic (parts or accesories), anyything with ink (books), or anything material (clothes). It's hard to beleive this but it's true.

Books generally are fine, but I recently ordered some kids' books from Amazon and the box was destroyed, it had been repackaged i plastic with a little note from the Argentina Aduana explaining that "due to poor packaging in the place of origin" they were "forced" to open my package and reseal it. I call BS -- either someone before or within the Aduana had torn into that Amazon box hoping for something of value. I've ordered books and this was the first time with a problem -- I would not order anything other than books though!

People. Pay a private AIr freight forwarder. It is expensive , yes. But everything , even electronics , get through. You will get your stuff. But it will cost some money.

This is the only safe way to do it.

US$35 per kilo. The battery is what , 2 kilos with packaging , so US70 bucks ? How bad do you need it ?

Books generally are fine, but I recently ordered some kids' books from Amazon and the box was destroyed, it had been repackaged i plastic with a little note from the Argentina Aduana explaining that "due to poor packaging in the place of origin" they were "forced" to open my package and reseal it. I call BS -- either someone before or within the Aduana had torn into that Amazon box hoping for something of value. I've ordered books and this was the first time with a problem -- I would not order anything other than books though!

But hasn't Moreno assured us that the ink in foreign books is a public health hazard? Surely he has everyone's best interests in mind.

Sorry to come across this DUMB but is it the truth that someone has said ink in foreign books is a public health hazard? Is that a joke? About a year ago I ordered 3 books from 3 different venders and not one of them has arrived--yet. Are books really a problem?

Sorry to come across this DUMB but is it the truth that someone has said ink in foreign books is a public health hazard? Is that a joke? About a year ago I ordered 3 books from 3 different venders and not one of them has arrived--yet. Are books really a problem?
Books are always a problem when you [try to] run the animal farm.

You're memory is short. Remember the controversy of imported books?

Argentina promises to reopen book imports: ‘lead poisoning ink argument too heavy’

http://en.mercopress...ument-too-heavy

Back