Ordering Online and Getting Mail in BA

Norina

Registered
Hey guys,

I just moved to Belgrano and was happy to have an address in order to buy some stuff online. But I encountered 2 problems. Please help!

1. I ordered contact lenses online on an Argentinean site and just got a call and an Email from DHL asking me for my CUIT/CUIL, which I don't have. What shall I do now? Any experience? I really want my contact lenses. Ugh.

2. I wanted to order something on mercado libre, but when i tyoe in my credit card details it also asks me for my DNI number, which I also don't have. How do you deal with that??

Thanks!

For #1 you will have to use the Cuit of an Argentine; that's what we had to do a year and a half ago when we ordered something from Amazon and it was delivered by DHL. Even though we had DNIs and a Cuil, they would not accept our Cuil, it had to be a Cuit, and I think only citizens or permanent residents have them. I used a Argentine friend's Cuit. They didn't care that the Cuit was not mine; they just needed one, along with the name of that person. That was a year and a half ago; some of this could have changed.

Okay, thanks guys! I think I'll just use the name of my flatmate the next time. He's Argentinean.

Also I got an email and text message from DHL after a while, saying I could also send them my passport number and nationality if I'm a expat. I did so and it seems it goes through.

Fingers crossed!

Back