Organic milk, farm-fresh eggs?

starlucia

Registered
Can anyone recommend a place to buy organic (or just hormone-free) milk? I do know OF places -- La Choza, El Galpon -- but, after getting sick more than once from improperly-handled food here (and being served an organic-but-curdled latte at Meraviglia), would like to be sure it's a place where the product is consistently sold fresh.

Also eggs -- in the U.S. it's not hard to buy them directly from a small, local farm (weekly-delivery type of thing.) Does anyone know if this service is offered in CF? A friend of mine mentioned that growing up in Floresta, a local man used to go door-to-door selling eggs straight out of his happy pet chicken, but that was back in the early '90s...

There's a great little mercado where farmers and purveyors come on Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays to sell their produce. All the produce is direct from the farm and they also sell milk, eggs and chicken.

What time are they there?
Is there a summer/winter schedule?

The hours are Tuesday, Friday and Saturday from 10 am - 8pm and generally closed for all feriados. Sometimes vendors run out, particularly of eggs. However, if you become friendly with someone, they may reserve stuff for you. This place has fair prices and buena onda.

there is a group of farmers that says that they have organic eggs coeco com ar. I tryed it and they are pretty good. I do not know about the certifications. I am trying to have it in my organic store in Caballito but still waiting for them to send me the certifications. Allways ask certifications before buying anything and do your research. Here and in the USA as well, sometimes they get certifications for the way the grow it, the way the pack products and so. It is a big industry and has its issues. I know Organic Orchard and Jardin Organico do not have everything organic so ask for papers. Good luck. Paola ([email protected])

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 2
H Expat Life 10
camel Expat Life 3
S Expat Life 1
P Expat Life 22
Back