Osde Cuotas Goes Up 7.25% From 01 Oct

Ceviche

Registered
I received a message from OSDE today saying the rates are increasing from 1st Oct by 7.25%

Yeah I got a letter from them informing me if the same....I'm always astounded that with 40% annual inflation my rates only get raised about 10-20%. I understand that we have contracts that they have to honor. But I don't see how they could stay in business without doing something to adjust for the impact of inflation, import controls and default! I for one am glad to pay this given the excellent service they provide. I'd hate to think of them going bankrupt, but with this horrible economy and especially the recent very large increases in health care costs, I don't know how they manage!

Yeah I got a letter from them informing me if the same....I'm always astounded that with 40% annual inflation my rates only get raised about 10-20%. I understand that we have contracts that they have to honor. But I don't see how they could stay in business without doing something to adjust for the impact of inflation, import controls and default! I for one am glad to pay this given the excellent service they provide. I'd hate to think of them going bankrupt, but with this horrible economy and especially the recent very large increases in health care costs, I don't know how they manage!
And when they do go bankrupt the mindless queen will indite them for terrorism.

@Ceviche, yes that historically has been the case. But it seems that the healthcare industry here is either becoming more corrupt, price gouging, or is a new victim of the rampant inflation and trade restrictions. Or probably all three.

. But it seems that the healthcare industry here is either becoming more corrupt,

Ms Lacqy

The only corruption I have seen is in health care industry in USA.

i did not see any here..Any sort of corruption either in hospitals or in attitude of doctors/nurses/pharmacies or in prices of insurance providers

I agree Ceviche! But the corruption here wouldn't be anything we would ever see......more likely on the administrative and/or pharma medical device ends here if it exists. I'm not saying there is....just raising the possibility. There has certainly been well publicized cases here of fraudulent medication manufacture and sales. I'm not criticizing OSDE at all. I love it. Just hoping health care here stays such the positive thing it's been for me and many others.

Ms Lacky,

Most people here can not afford OSDE. OSDE is usally taken by the rich here or by the company who pays for the employee.

Most of my local conocidos, do not have OSDE as they can not afford it.

You and I can afford it for obvious reasons. Even then, many expats can not. This increase in OSDE prices really hurts many!

It's not only OSDE, most "prepagas" are sending the same letter announcing the increase of their monthly fees.

Ms Lacky,

Most people here can not afford OSDE. OSDE is usally taken by the rich here or by the company who pays for the employee.

Most of my local conocidos, do not have OSDE as they can not afford it.

You and I can afford it for obvious reasons. Even then, many expats can not. This increase in OSDE prices really hurts many!

Most white collar workers I know have either OSDE or Galeno through their employer. I don't think it's that rare.

Back