Other Chats Not In English

estebandepraga

Registered
Hi to all,
While I truly understand that English today is the língua franca of virtually the world with a few exceptions, is anyone interested in taking part in another such chat NOT in English.
I currently attend one in French with many native speakers every Wednesday early evening and a conversation class, formal and not free, in Portuguese.
Where as I don't expect one in Czech due to the possible handful of speakers(I have already tried) perhaps German or other languages would be possible as well as French and Portuguese.
I don't know if Talk Time even still exists but the few times I went, I wasn't too impressed by the attendance and/or level of the language skills .
Just food for thought!
Esteban

Esteban, Talk Time still exists. I agree with you that the level of language skills of many of their participants is basic. Some of their meet-ups are well attended and others to a lesser degree. Depends on the locations they are held and the seasons of the year. Some of their groups went on hiatus during the summer.

Hi to all,
While I truly understand that English today is the língua franca of virtually the world with a few exceptions, is anyone interested in taking part in another such chat NOT in English.
I currently attend one in French with many native speakers every Wednesday early evening and a conversation class, formal and not free, in Portuguese.
Where as I don't expect one in Czech due to the possible handful of speakers(I have already tried) perhaps German or other languages would be possible as well as French and Portuguese.
I don't know if Talk Time even still exists but the few times I went, I wasn't too impressed by the attendance and/or level of the language skills .
Just food for thought!
Esteban

If they include subtitles I might try one.

Sorry, Esteban, meant to also contribute. Have you checked the couchsurfing website? Nothing organized for languages specifically, but there may be foreigners coming in who speak other languages that may be interested in some conversation.

Can you share the details of the French one? I have a French neighbor and I want to tell him about it.

The French one is meetups every Wednesday 1900-2100 Starbucks's olleros and cabildo 1 st floor in glass enclosed room

Hi suggest you check all the links on the link below. However most Language Meetups are for Spanish, French, English, Italian..? Such as MundoLingo, Spanglish, etc.

https://www.google.com.ar/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1LDJZ_enAR501AR505&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=meetups+languages+buenos+aires&*

Back