Other Sources for Drinking Water?

Argento

Registered
Of course it's not Europe here, but I have to say, I really miss the tremendous selection in the stores for drinking water.

So far visiting many of the supermarkets here, I basically see a limited range.
Nestle (personally stay away from that one), Villa del Sur (owned by Danone, another I stay away from), Eco de los Andes (fluoridates the water), Villavicencio (fluoridates the water), and there are a couple others, one owned by Coca-Cola, but that's about the line I've been seeing so far. Even for the largest stores.
Imho, for all the nice streams, springs and mountain run-off of Patagonia areas for example, there seems to be a sort of monopoly on the bottled water industry. Not surprised actually. Look for example at the fight that the Paraguayans had to put up some time ago to keep out big corp from confiscating their water supply and selling it back to them. Good for them for standing up and booting them out.
"Blue gold", one of the most important elements for our existence, no wonder there are ones wanting control of such a valuable resource. As well, poor quality water means a less than stellar existence. But I digress.

Also, certainly not here to debate the fluoride issue, but just stating that I do not prefer that in water and yet I read on several labels that they deliberately fluoridate the water ("agua fluorada"), at least that's what I gather it means. In the EU for example, it has been banned.

Therefore, posting this to see if anyone knows of some other sources for drinking water.

Thanks for any help.

They need to start importing poland spring water! of fiji water

Is there something wrong with the tap water? If so what are the issues? thanks!

The tap water is good (depending on how old your building is, really old buildings could have lead pipes). We use a Brita filter.
Nancy

iamsillywarm said:
Is there something wrong with the tap water? If so what are the issues? thanks!

Judging by the OP's post I'm guessing he doesnt appreciate the fact that its fluorinated

I don't drink them tap waters cause Aníbal Fernandez is trying to sap the purity of my precious bodily fluids.

PhilipDT said:
Judging by the OP's post I'm guessing he doesnt appreciate the fact that its fluorinated

That's correct, I don't appreciate fluoride (and neither does the entire EU for what it's worth).
At least, that's if the tap water in BA is fluorinated and chlorinated, does anyone know.
Fine, some don't mind, but I do. I absolutely do not see it as a healthy benefit based on all the research. Both do way more harm than good, yes chlorine kills pathogens, but still more harm than good. I'd rather have non-chlorinated water and boil it each time than to deal with the long term effects of chlorine.
Both are toxins to the body in the amounts they have been delivered.

Brita filters lessen chlorine content but absolutely do not filter out fluoride.

Just for info, to the other poster, it's been solidly proven that Poland Spring's 7 or so springs in Maine have been exhausted and they have been using well water. Same goes for Fiji. This does not surprise me.
Remember, the regulations for the bottled water industry are very loose.

I know not to be too picky here, but was just looking for simply other stores and the like to go and check for myself what else is available.
Not to get into a debate on what is or is not healthy. We all have our own preferences. Keeping things logistical.

A friend gave me the number for IVESS, they deliver a 12 litre containerful, it costs $22 pesos. The dispenser is free. They make deliveries once a week. The number is 4768-1900. I'm about to order mine!

Chlorine - YES! You can sometimes smell it.

Flouride - I would say "YES", but I don't know.

Good taste virtually all the time? - YES

Is there a risk of Montezuma's Revenge from drinking it like in Mexico? - NO

Back