Outdoor swimming pools in BsAs

here4now

Registered
I live in Belgrano and go to Club Harrod's Gath y Chaves outdoor swimming pool. It is olympic size and located on Jose Hernandez (btw. Migueletes & Minones) -- at the edge of a park. Monthly pass costs A$200; A$30 for a locker, and it is open every day. It's pretty clean -- there are guys fishing out the leaves all the time, and not too highly chlorinated. Lots of recliners if you want to lounge around. I am there every morning and loving it!

adotdotdam

Registered
I would join you there 4now ;-) every morning (I will arrive a couple days) alas I will be in the downtown area so every day is doubtful. Do they sell daily passes?

Hellek

Registered
Parque Norte is another possibility, costs 50AR$ for one day I was told.
If you live in GBA sur (I don't think you do, but just in case). Complejo Wilde of Independiente team costs 25AR$ non-members.
Furthermore there are locations in Tigre but I never went to any of them so I can't tell you any details. With travel, etc. it will cost you far more time and money than the two locations above, but probably allow for a more relaxing/exclusive/interesting experience.

PS: I am assuming you want a mix between relaxing in the sun and swimming. If you are a professional swimmer looking for a place to exercise, forget my recomendations.

adotdotdam

Registered
Thank you Hellek,
I am not a pro. It looks like that my plans to go to camping/swimming in Uruguay (Cabo Polonio, Valizes, Punta del diablo) might not materialize, so I am looking for an alternative to stay cool & resonably fit.

bellasinamor86

Registered
Adotdotdam,

Welcome! I too have found the heat unbearable during this time of year, but no complaints considering that it's -10 c in Boston where I am from...

I highly recommend that you go to Parque Norte... it costs $35 pesos for the day. It is a lagoon of about 3 pools, one has a waterslide (but at the times that I have gone, it has not been in operation). The pools are not meant to do laps, however. They are definitely fantastic for lounging in the water on a floatie or chilling poolside with a beer ($8 pesos). If you are taking the colectivo, take the 37 and get off at Tierra Santa (another experience in itself, it's literally a Jesus themed amusement park- I kid you not).

here4now

Registered
The daily pass for the Belgrano pool is A$40; the hours are M-F 8:30-11:00 and 18:00-21:00; S&S 9:00-11:00 and 18:00-21:00. On certain days (seem to change all the time) lots of toddlers come around 10am for swimming lessons -- best to be avoided. I'm ususally gone by then!

MacDaddy

Registered
There are a few pools in Colegiales. The cheapest we've found is at Lacroze 3547, corner of Thomas. It's open 7 days a week, and is $35 for a day pass. They also have monthly rates. They offer swimming classes as well. It's a nice environment, clean, etc. but not a terribly large pool - maybe 15m long? About two blocks away is a much larger one, partially indoor/outdoor, but it's more expensive - $50 per day.

Napoleon

Registered
MacDaddy said:
There are a few pools in Colegiales. The cheapest we've found is at Lacroze 3547, corner of Thomas. It's open 7 days a week, and is $35 for a day pass. They also have monthly rates. They offer swimming classes as well. It's a nice environment, clean, etc. but not a terribly large pool - maybe 15m long? About two blocks away is a much larger one, partially indoor/outdoor, but it's more expensive - $50 per day.

And the "view"?

Compare & Contrast por favor. ;)