Overnight fee to be charged to foreign tourists

gracielle

Registered
8 January 2020

The law promoted by the Government of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires (CABA) that creates the Non-State Public Entity "Visit Buenos Aires" (VBA) and also gives rise to the "Urban Use Law" (DUU) was officially published. The DUU will be charged to tourists, not residing in Argentina, over twelve years of age, as a special contribution for the right to use and enjoy the public space of the Autonomous City of Buenos Aires. This will be charged per night and per person (what is called the overnight rate), depending on the characteristic of the tourist service provided.

......If it's 3-star hotels, it's half a unit = US$0.50; 4 stars, one unit = US$1.00; 5 stars, a unit and a half = US$1.50; boutique hotels, one unit = US$1.00; apart-hotels, half unit = US$0.50; temporary rentals, three quarters of unit = U$0.75 and Cruises, one unit = US$1.00.....

.....The new tax created will be applied as of March 1 (the law in general also takes effect on that date), which generates the time necessary to dictate the regulations that make it operational.

Brought to you by the supposedly right wing free market party - PRO :rolleyes:

Guess overnight tax applies mainly to non residents?
No need to guess...just read the article. The overnight tax applies ONLY to tourists not residing in Argentina.

What would be the rate for Telos? 1 Turno?
I guess you can deduce that on your own!

EXAMPLE:
All shifts are 3 hours except Friday and Saturday from 22 to 6hs are 2 hours.
Overnight Sundays to Thursdays from 10pm until 1pm the next day.
Friday from 2am to 1pm. Saturdays from 4am to 1pm.
In all cases includes breakfast. The best Albergue Transitorio in Boedo.
Triplets: Triplets pay 50% more on the list value of the Suite category.
If 4, pay 100% over the value of the shift starting with the category "Hydro".

Last edited:
Brought to you by the supposedly right wing free market party - PRO :rolleyes:

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Commentary: The paper's readership is generally on the mainstream left of British political opinion, and its reputation as a platform for liberal and left-wing editorial has led to the use of the "Guardian reader" and "Guardianista" as often-pejorative epithets for those of left-leaning or "politically correct" tendencies.

Since I own my home, this doesnt apply to me- but I dont really object to it- it seems pretty small. In Seattle, for example, the hotel tax is more like 1.5% for the convention center tax alone, and rooms are often over 200 USD- which means something like six times as much money in tax.

42 countries around the world charge a tourist tax.
Bhutan charges $200USD a DAY for tourists to visit.

This is not unusual, and the tax amount is at the low end, globally.
The French charge every tourist double or triple this amount.
Venice is raising their tourist tax to a minimum of 3 euros a day this year.

"Westerners with disposable incomes have often behaved as if they have a right to go wherever they choose with little heed for the consequences." - From the article

It's not going to hurt a westerner with a large disposable income, but rather those travelers with less resources. Unfettered tourism certainly ruins some places, especially nature attractions, and I don't oppose regulations to protect them.

Taxes are a tool to incentivise or deincentivise certain actions. Although the tax is fairly tame, I would think that the city government would want to provide incentives to tourists to visit the city. I wouldn't be surprised to see the tourist visa fee come back too.

I have a DNI so it doesn't affect me.

Ries, how did the other policies cooked up by PRO work out for this country?

Many cities in California charge a transient occupancy tax on hotels that is often 10% of the room rate. BA is a deal.

I wish Venice would find a way to tax those cruise ships into oblivion.

Excellent news, one good one .." Tourists staying overnight at Telos will not pay the Overnight Tax ..? Single, double or Triplets (since no ID is required)

The Hotel Nikko assessments are an occupancy tax of 14.195% and a business district fee of: 2.25%

Back