Overstay visa fine payment

ElChavoDel7

Registered
I know that things are constantly changing in this wonderful country, so please don't beat me up for bringing up an old issue. I was wondering if anyone has any recent experience with paying the fine on an overstayed visa. I am leaving on Thursday and I will have overstayed for about 3.5 months. Can anyone verify that the fine is still 300 pesos? Does anybody know when in the course of airport events I will need to pay my fine and where said fine is to be paid? Also, will there be any problem paying with a credit card (my cash situation is quite dire)? Thanks in advance for any helpful information.

Cash only - a girl I know showed up at the airport and had no cash with her & wound up missing her flight as she couldn't pay the fine.

I believe the migraciones office is in the back of the terminal (if you've entered the airport, it's to the right of all the airline check-ins and then back a ways) to the Migraciones office. You go with your passport, they give you a form and then you have to go the the Banco Nacional to pay the fine, the paper gets stamped and then you go back to the Migraciones window and they write in your passport. You have to do all of that prior to checking in with your airline to get your boarding pass.

Back