Overstaying Fee in Argentina

Misslaura01

Registered
Hi, I'm hoping to get some clarification on how and where exactly to pay the Argentina overstaying fee. I am Australian and have overstayed my 90 day tourist visa as well as the supposed '30 day grace period' by living in Buenos Aires for about 6 months. I have been researching a lot and haven't been able to find any updated information on where to pay the fee and also how much the fee currently is.

I know that I will be leaving the country in 11 days and already have my flight planned and almost booked. I've read that I could pay the overstaying fee at an immigration office and also at the airport before my departure out of the country.

My question is, am I able to pay the fee at the airport if I arrive early enough or should I pay at an immigration office? (I would appreciate the location/ name of the office as well should I need to take this route) As well, how much should I be prepared to pay for the fee?

Thanks so much in advance! :)

Okay that suits me perfectly. Thanks so much for your quick responses!
Do you know how much in advance I should arrive to the airport to avoid delays and potentially missing my flight? I'm planning to arrive very early but I don't want to run the risk of being late to my gate

You can also pay it within 10 days before you leave at the migraciones office at the Retiro train station. It's upstairs. At least as of 2 years ago you could.

Okay that suits me perfectly. Thanks so much for your quick responses!
Do you know how much in advance I should arrive to the airport to avoid delays and potentially missing my flight? I'm planning to arrive very early but I don't want to run the risk of being late to my gate

So here's the experience of one of my clients who was so foolish as to follow my advice.
He was due to fly on a given day from Aeroparque, with his entire (Argentine) family, and didn't want to be running the risk of missing his flight.
So I told him to go himself the day before, pay the fee, and come back the next day with the fee already duly paid.
He did that, and the lady in the airport refused point blank to let him do it. Come back tomorrow, it takes 10 minutes.
He came back the next day, there was a line of 6 people in front of him, had they not let him cut ahead he'd have missed his flight.
Could he have lied and said his flight was that same day? Not sure. Just sharing my experience.

Point is, if you're going to the airport without having paid, come early.

So here's the experience of one of my clients who was so foolish as to follow my advice.
He was due to fly on a given day from Aeroparque, with his entire (Argentine) family, and didn't want to be running the risk of missing his flight.
So I told him to go himself the day before, pay the fee, and come back the next day with the fee already duly paid.
He did that, and the lady in the airport refused point blank to let him do it. Come back tomorrow, it takes 10 minutes.
He came back the next day, there was a line of 6 people in front of him, had they not let him cut ahead he'd have missed his flight.
Could he have lied and said his flight was that same day? Not sure. Just sharing my experience.

Point is, if you're going to the airport without having paid, come early.

Thank you for sharing. So for reference, my flight is at 11:55pm. Would arriving at say 7:30pm (4.5 hrs before my flight) give me enough time? I like to arrive early for my flights anyway but as I'm not sure how long the process will take I'm not completely sure how much time I should allow for the whole process.

If you dont have some major things to do the last day. I sugges arrive as early as you can ( 3.5 hrs before the flight). Finish the procedure. Read a book and a have a beer and fly off. extra 1/2 hrs back at yr hotel wont make any difference in yr life. But extra 1/2 hours at airport could save you lot of trouble.

Back