Part Time Vs Full Time

saltbench

Registered
Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what were the guidelines in terms of getting a work visa from a company if you only work part-time. I have a part- time job that i do remotely from my computer and i'd rather not lose that job as it pays good money in dollars, but if i can avoid it i'd rather not jump over to Uruguay every 3 months and get a part-time job locally, but i wasn't sure if a part time job would qualify for a work visa. If anyone knows anymore information or details about it, please let me know thanks!

The work contract that a company would have to give you to apply for residency under the "trabajador migrante" regimen does not state hours worked. The only requirement is that they pay you the legal minimum wage, known as "salario minimo vital y móvil" which as of January 1st 2014 is $3600 pesos per month gross (bruto) on the books. Keep in mind that if an Argentine company employs you, they must be registered directly with immigration to employ foreign nationals, which requires them to furnish quite a bit of documentation about the company including their audited financial reports for the past 3 years. So prior to you applying for residency using an Argentine employer, make sure they have done this, because it can take a few months for them to be approved, which of course would have to be done for you to apply through them...however that timeframe can be "expedited" surely with a bit of grease in the palm to someone at immigration....I don't know if they would be willing to do that for a minimum wage worker though.

My advice would be to keep your dollar paying job. :)

If you can qualify for residency, seek it out - but gaining residency through work without already having something set up (connections) may be difficult.

Back