Passport Entry Stamp For New Passport

milanesas

Registered
Hi, I'm a US citizen living in Argentina and I need to renew my US passport here in Argentina. I understand the process of getting it from the embassy, but I am a bit worried about leaving the country the next time as the new passport won't have an entry stamp from Argentina immigrations. Does anyone know if this is an issue or what I would need to do to get this resolved? Thanks.

As I understand it, most people would carry their old passport with them for the first time in a situation where you're bridging exits, or entering with a visa in that is in the old passport and hasn't expired.

You'd probably be just as fine telling them it was a new passport and they will see your entry in their system.

ask for your old passport to be returned to you. just take it with you

We flew back in yesterday, using our new passports for the first time. When we presented them, the official reminded us she also needed to see the old passports, with the entry visas. Oh -- and when we boarded the Delta flight in Atlanta, they wouldn't have let us on the plane without the visas. So yes, be sure to have old and new ones with you.

I have experience with this, and it was a disaster every time. I ended up paying to get the entry visa again.

A few years ago, I washed my passport in the washing machine, the passport was half destroyed and the visa stamp was gone.

I came back to Argentina with a new passport, the director at custom office came out as the immigration woman was clueless for such a common thing. The director found my old visa and gave me a certificate with an immigration stamp, he also signed on it. He told me to bring that paper with my new passport, that will do. Wrong!

Every time, I pulled that certificate out, the idiot officer either did not know or did not agree, every time the director/manager had to come out to rescue me.

In the last couple of years, you can't board without a visa. One time I was in Brazil, I showed the certificate that states that I have already paid, with detailed passport and visa numbers,the Brazil airline did not allow me to board. Anyway, I just bought a new visa, do not want to test Argentina immigration efficiency.

If you have an important trip, you are better off to pay it again.

Back