Pastured Organic Beef

hansaleague

Registered
Where can I buy pastured/grass fed and organic beef? I need it to be both, because I am concerned about pesticide use on grasslands here. I understand the steakhouse Don Julio sources its own beef directly from small farms meeting this requirement, and I find the quality of their beef very good. I'm looking for a butcher that sells meat with these requirements, or I would buy directly from a restaurant that sold it in bulk, or otherwise from a small farm if they provide it and/or deliver. I think many on this forum would appreciate this information, but if it's a closely guarded secret, please dm me and we can figure it out.

I agree that most of the meat here is feed lot and the use of pesticides on argentinian soils is the worlds highest ( for this reason i will never eat vegatables and fruits here unless I go directly to the farm and see their production methods)

There is a few places in Buenos Aires that you can get grass fed beef . One is Amics on Santa fe 5202 . Ask for carne del pastura .
I also order from kobe beef Argentina . I believe that their quality is superb but I do not believe its 100% grass fed meat as to fatten up the cows they have a feeding cycle on grains . I do believe though that their production methods are excellent and the meat is always superb
Try organic beef from Res . I do not know if its 100% grass fed

The last link is all the places in Buenos Aires that you can buy grass raised beef.

I agree that most of the meat here is feed lot and the use of pesticides on argentinian soils is the worlds highest ( for this reason i will never eat vegatables and fruits here unless I go directly to the farm and see their production methods)

There is a few places in Buenos Aires that you can get grass fed beef . One is Amics on Santa fe 5202 . Ask for carne del pastura .
I also order from kobe beef Argentina . I believe that their quality is superb but I do not believe its 100% grass fed meat as to fatten up the cows they have a feeding cycle on grains . I do believe though that their production methods are excellent and the meat is always superb
Try organic beef from Res . I do not know if its 100% grass fed

The last link is all the places in Buenos Aires that you can buy grass raised beef.

Thank you perry. Unfortunately I did try amics once and I found their meat to be difficult to eat. Yes they do have pastured beef in the back if you ask for it, but it will be often old and not taste good.

I will try Res if you recommend it. Kobe beef also sounds good. If anyone else has any other options, including maybe a suggestion for a private farm that sells directly I would be much obliged.

I am very disappointed to hear about the fruit and vegetables. I usually avoid vegetables raw because they're very unsafe lately in many countries. I will avoid all vegetables in Argentina however. What about milk? La Choza claims to be organic artisanal milk, would you trust it?

How can we eat healthy and avoid pesticides and similar things here?

Thank you perry. Unfortunately I did try amics once and I found their meat to be difficult to eat. Yes they do have pastured beef in the back if you ask for it, but it will be often old and not taste good.

I will try Res if you recommend it. Kobe beef also sounds good. If anyone else has any other options, including maybe a suggestion for a private farm that sells directly I would be much obliged.

I am very disappointed to hear about the fruit and vegetables. I usually avoid vegetables raw because they're very unsafe lately in many countries. I will avoid all vegetables in Argentina however. What about milk? La Choza claims to be organic artisanal milk, would you trust it?

Its very difficult to avoid pesticides here unless you buy from a trusted farm your produce . The central market in Buenos Aires rejects over 60 percent of the fruits and vegetables that enter there for high pesticide count ( but Argentinas permitted levels are much higher than Europe and the western world ) . Its a disgrace the quality of the food that is served on Argentinian tables .

The most safest place to obtain your food is from Patagonia as there is no soy in most of the provinces meaning much less pesticides . The organic lamb and fruits including raspberries are safe from many organic farms in the Comarca Valley an area from South of Bariloche . El Bolson . Epuyen. El Hoyo . Choilila etc etc .

Please read the links below for more information .

There are plenty of places to get pesticides free local produce straight from the growers, some of those markets have been around for more than a decade.
All 3 also sell La choza products, free run eggs and clean meat, pesticides free grains, legumes, oils and a variety of other natural products for home and personal care

There are plenty of places to get pesticides free local produce straight from the growers, some of those markets have been around for more than a decade.
All 3 also sell La choza products, free run eggs and clean meat, pesticides free grains, legumes, oils and a variety of other natural products for home and personal care

Just because someone says that it is organic does not mean that it is and even if it is organic in Argentina the use of contreversial practices makes the produce also dangerous .The organic food industry’s carefully cultivated message to the modern, risk-averse consumer, that its produce is clean, green, and safe, is highly questionable.Scientific research, and several notorious episodes of food poisoning in Europe, Asia and the US during the past 15 years, suggest the reality falls short of the ideal.

The organic produce industry’s mantra is: “If it’s natural, it’s safe.” Organic farmers are permitted only to use pesticides and fungicides of mineral or biological origin, including copper sulphate (bluestone), and milk to control mildew. Dipel, a spray containing spores of the soil-dwelling bacterium, Bacillus thuriengnsis, is popular as a narrow-spectrum killer of leaf-chewing caterpillars – it causes lung infections in laboratory mice.

For much of the 20th century, organic farmers used derris dust (rotenone), a powdered extract of the roots of certain tropical legumes, as a broad-spectrum pesticide. Long known to be toxic to fish, rotenone is neurotoxic to mammals at high doses, and had fallen out of favour as an organic pesticide by the late 20th century. This practice is used on many so called organic farms in Argentina that sell in organic markets to a gullible public

To get the best produce in Argentina one must go directly to the source and find out exactly their production methods . To foolishly believe that a product is fantastic for you just because they use the key word ORGANIC is folly at best .

Is it organic just like how when my girlfriend orders something that is supposed to be vegan yet somehow still has cheese or eggs in it? I'm not sure many people here fully understand these concepts other than they can make more money claiming they are compliant.

Is it organic just like how when my girlfriend orders something that is supposed to be vegan yet somehow still has cheese or eggs in it? I'm not sure many people here fully understand these concepts other than they can make more money claiming they are compliant.
Many food concepts that people foolishly believe surprise me in the nievity of the consumer. Many vegan products are compltelty environmentally destructive ie . palm oils that are all in all vegan cereals , vegan protein bars etc etc come from the destruction of huge swathes of forests in Borneo ,Malaysia Indonesia , and West Africa causing the deaths of millions of animals but because it is called vegan it is good for you . I can on about avocado production , almond production , and soy production all cause huge environmental destruction and are vegan .

Today palm oil production is the largest cause of deforestation in Indonesia and other equatorial countries with dwindling expanses of tropical rainforest. Indonesia's endangered orangutan population, which depends upon the rainforest, has dwindled by as much as 50 percent in recent years.

there are plenty of vegan "cheeses". its just not made with animal milk obviously.

dunno about the eggs though haha.

Not here to argue about the validity of veganism. I'm not one so I don't really care. But yeah I've plenty of nut cheeses. Still makes me laugh when I say it.

She gets lots of cheese, eggs and butter in the "vegan" stuff. Usually she asks the waiter staff what they would recommend as she is vegana, we've gotten a couple straight up "nothings" at a few places. Usually they point to a salad. She speaks native Spanish as she's from Mexico so it's not like we're two straight up gringos being particular. We also live in neuquen though so there are way less options here.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Expat Life 2
camel Expat Life 3
S Expat Life 1
P Expat Life 22
jantango Expat Life 0
Back