Peanut Butter in Buenos Aires

Gera S

Registered
I noticed that a lot of the grocery stores, like Jumbo, no longer carry peanut butter. However, I found a small, regional products store in Villa Crespo that does. It is Va Picada at Juan B Justo 2539. This is near the corner of Avenida Corrientes & Juan B. Justo.

A natural, no sugar added, 380 gram bottle costs AR $185. (As of 29-Sept-2019) You can call ahead to make sure they have stock. Their WhatsApp number is 15 2559-9624. This is a local business run by honest, helpful people that will treat you well.

Yes, it sounds like the same product; mantequilla de mani. The brand name I found was Le-Fit; no added sugar, no added oils, no added salt.

Thanks for mentioning that Peanut Butter is also available at the dieteticas. I did not know that. I see dieteticas all over the place.

Yes, it sounds like the same product; mantequilla de mani. The brand name I found was Le-Fit; no added sugar, no added oils, no added salt.

Thanks for mentioning that Peanut Butter is also available at the dieteticas. I did not know that. I see dieteticas all over the place.
If you like the old fashioned stuff, it's still available at the Carrefours near me in Recoleta, Santa Fe and Ayacucho & Vicente López and Rodriguez Pena. I am not sure if other Carrefour stores have it, but I know that those two often do.

Thank you for the information, Stan. It is good to know that Peanut Butter is also still available in a grocery store. My travels generally revolve around Peanut Butter!

Thank you for the information, Stan. It is good to know that Peanut Butter is also still available in a grocery store. My travels generally revolve around Peanut Butter!
We did without it for a long time, but finally succumbed. Now it's a staple again. Glad you now know where to get it here.

as recently as a few months ago i bought crunchy peanut butter in my local jumbo in puerto madero. i haven't looked for it recently since i brought some better stuff last time i went to the US.

as recently as a few months ago i bought crunchy peanut butter in my local jumbo in puerto madero. i haven't looked for it recently since i brought some better stuff last time i went to the US.
We haven't been able to find it at the Jumbo of Portal Palmero and the microcentro for a couple of months.

New Garden stores have it, lots of locations around the city. And Zentra.

Back