Pension visa

sternum

Registered
I have just received information that my pension visa is approved. However I have to wait for the DNI card, because they have to print it. Migrations said it takes to and a half months, while my hotel said it can take 8 months. I cannot leave the country meanwhile and my precaria has to be renewed once a month online. They can see if you are filling it out abroad.

Does anyone have experience with how long it takes? And when do I have to renew it? Is it once a year or twice and from what date? Can I open bank account with my precaria?

Very grateful for answer. Thanks!

Last edited:
You will renew your temporary residency annually and the renewal date will be the same day and month your precaria was granted. You can start the renewal process up to sixty days before the expiration date.

You must be in Argentina at least six months of the year. When you renew you will need a new Argentine criminal report and an update of the documentation versifying your retirement income.

I never heard or read anything about not being able to leave the country with a precaria. Is that information on the migraciones website?

Even if "they could see if you were filling it (the renewal form) abroad" couldn't you use an Argentine VPN ?

Yes, you "can" open a bank account with a precaria but it might be difficult. Most banks will ask for a CUIL/CUIT A
and pay stubs. A Social Security benefits letter or whatever you provided at migraciones should be sufficient.

PS: You'll probably receive your DNI in less than 90 days.

You might be able to get your CUIT at AFIP with your precaria. I don't know if they will ask for a utility bill in your name.or a certificado de domicilio.

Your DNI will come with your CUIT/CUIL and whatever address you gave migraciones.

If you are from the USA and receiving Social Security benefits I suggest you inquire at Banco Macro. I believe it is possible to set up automatic transfers of SS payments through Chase Mellon bank in New York. If that's the case they might be more willing to help you than other Argentine banks.

Back