Pensionado visa for couples?

Denmar

Registered
Is it possible to apply for Pensionado visa as a couple, combined income? My common law wife of 24 years income is considerable more than mine.

Thanks

Is it possible to apply for Pensionado visa as a couple, combined income? My common law wife of 24 years income is considerable more than mine.

Thanks
You don't need to combine, there is no min requirement for income for this type of visa as long as you have CPP or any provincial pension income that is for lifetime. You can apply as a couple on either income, but it's almost a 100% guarantee that you'll need an official marriage certificate for that, and even then the final approval ( for permanent ) might come for the principal applicant first and for the dependant later. If you don't have any official piece of paper re your common law status you'll have to apply separately.

You don't need to combine, there is no min requirement for income for this type of visa as long as you have CPP or any provincial pension income that is for lifetime. You can apply as a couple on either income, but it's almost a 100% guarantee that you'll need an official marriage certificate for that, and even then the final approval ( for permanent ) might come for the principal applicant first and for the dependant later. If you don't have any official piece of paper re your common law status you'll have to apply separately.
Thanks for that. We do have a notarized document stating we have been in a common law bond since 1997. Maybe that'll do the job!

Thanks for that. We do have a notarized document stating we have been in a common law bond since 1997. Maybe that'll do the job!
Check with Global Affairs Canada if they will authenticate this document - the notary that witnessed it has to be an active one I think.
Without Global Affairs stamp Argentine consulate in Toronto won't legalize it - unless the notary has his signature affiliated with the consulate.
You can message me directly if you have any questions.

Check with Global Affairs Canada if they will authenticate this document - the notary that witnessed it has to be an active one I think.
Without Global Affairs stamp Argentine consulate in Toronto won't legalize it - unless the notary has his signature affiliated with the consulate.
Thank you!

Thank You!

Back