Pepper Spray.

Gerry

Registered
Thank you to all who replied, I have everything that I need to know.

Gerry
If a Glaswegian cannot defend himself in this city I don´t know who can ;)

You can buy it here in most sporting goods shops and mercadolibre (online). I don't think there would be any problem if it was in your checked bags. You can also buy a stun gun on mercado libre.

Worth considering that VIOLENT crime isn't all that common though. Bag snatches or scams are far more likely. I got punched in the face shortly after I arrived but that was entirely down to my being too much of an idiot to just walk away from the bus stop I was waiting on and get a taxi when a drunk guy took exception to my gringo-features (he was standing there shouting at me for about five minutes before he hit me - if I'd just done the sensible thing it would've been the easiest thing in the world to avoid).

fifs2 said:
Gerry
If a Glaswegian cannot defend himself in this city I don´t know who can ;)

I'm 5'6 and not that well built, but no one has bothered me, perhaps they know that I am from Blacon. (look it up it's a gheto near Chester):D

I'm Irish, and they have obviously watched The Quiet Man, never had a problem...... They know better ;)

HowardinBA said:
http://www.chesterwiki.com/Blacon

:eek:
I,m from SHOTtingham and never had any problems:rolleyes:

Thanks for that, I never knew that this site existed. It rather skims over the drugs, rape and murder as "A deprived social housing estate" but then I suspect that chesterwiki is a premotional site for tourism in Chester and this would not look good.

Back