Permanent Residency Application Stuck in "Proceso de supervisión"

Quilombo

Registered
Good Evening Everyone,

I encountered this forum while doing some Googling and I was hoping someone with similar experience might be able to point me in the right direction:

My application for Permanent Residency has been stuck in "proceso de supervisión" since May, and with the need to renew it coming up at the end of the month, I have little faith that anything is going to change before then. What exactly is going on with it? My emails to Migraciones have been as useful as talking to a wall "go to the Consulta Unificada and you can get a live update as to the status" which is where I of course go everyday, since May, and why I wrote them in the first place.

How much longer should I expect it to take to receive my DNI? From other posters comments, it seems 3.5 months after disposición de residencia protocolizada is common, but my 1st input of information in to RADEX was on March 31st, May 28th I went to Migraciones and provided my documents (and 3 days later, uploaded a missing translation of my info page of my passport), and now here at August 2nd I'm just twiddling my thumbs.

Anyways, any guidance or suggestions are much appreciated, and if anyone has any tips of healthcare pre-pagas for someone with preexisting conditions I'm all ears too.

Thanks!

These days Migraciones resolve all cases in less than a week because they have no work. However, their system is notoriously buggy. You must have fallen thru the cracks. Don't send them emails. Send them a private message on twitter in Spanish (if your Spanish is not good, send me message and I will help). Send it in to Migraciones in the morning before 11 am ideally. If you don't hear back within 48hs, call them (11) 4317-0234.

How much longer should I expect it to take to receive my DNI? From other posters comments, it seems 3.5 months after disposición de residencia protocolizada is common, but my 1st input of information in to RADEX was on March 31st, May 28th I went to Migraciones and provided my documents (and 3 days later, uploaded a missing translation of my info page of my passport), and now here at August 2nd I'm just twiddling my thumbs.
First DNI takes about 2-3 months after disposición de residencia protocolizada because it needs to go through some extra hoops like getting assigned a DNI number. Second, 3rd...DNI should not take more than 3-4 weeks. If it does something it wrong and you need to reach out to Renaper (again in twitter) to check the status of the tramite, and make sure Migraciones have not failed to send them the tramite (which they often do). If they have, then you need to bother Migraciones again.

Go to the Immigration building, say yo go to vista, you do not do the line, look for a tree that says "Visa", them you do the line, once after the fence, on your left. Once inside you go straight until the end and on your right is the vista desk. You fill a form, give them a pen drive and they give you your files. Then you can see what is going on.

My case was in the same state and it turned out they actually wanted some additional documents and paperwork from me (translated names were inconsistent).
You should talk to them in the immigration building and clarify what's lacking/inconsistent in your documents.

These days Migraciones resolve all cases in less than a week because they have no work. However, their system is notoriously buggy. You must have fallen thru the cracks. Don't send them emails. Send them a private message on twitter in Spanish (if your Spanish is not good, send me message and I will help). Send it in to Migraciones in the morning before 11 am ideally. If you don't hear back within 48hs, call them (11) 4317-0234.

Thanks for the suggestion! I reached out and received the following response:

"Hello [Quilombo], your tramite is within the stipulated deadlines for its resolution. We suggest you keep your Precarious Residence Certificate renewed, and monitor its status through our website. Saludos!"

I suppose the question now is whether it's worth waiting until the end of the month (for what I assume will be no change in status), or if I should go to migraciones directly in person. I see some other users have suggested this, but I'm not sure if this makes sense since my application is still within the expected processing timeline, and I'm guessing they'll just tell me this upon arrival.

Thanks for the suggestion! I reached out and received the following response:

"Hello [Quilombo], your tramite is within the stipulated deadlines for its resolution. We suggest you keep your Precarious Residence Certificate renewed, and monitor its status through our website. Saludos!"

I suppose the question now is whether it's worth waiting until the end of the month (for what I assume will be no change in status), or if I should go to migraciones directly in person. I see some other users have suggested this, but I'm not sure if this makes sense since my application is still within the expected processing timeline, and I'm guessing they'll just tell me this upon arrival.
My suggestion is send then another message. Be superrrrrrrr nice and ask again and insist to get a response. Also call the number I gave you and talk to someone. If all these fail, yes next week go to Migraciones and figure out what's going on. There must be something wrong because they have no work right now. Do not wait.

Hola,
Good Evening Everyone,

I encountered this forum while doing some Googling and I was hoping someone with similar experience might be able to point me in the right direction:

My application for Permanent Residency has been stuck in "proceso de supervisión" since May, and with the need to renew it coming up at the end of the month, I have little faith that anything is going to change before then. What exactly is going on with it? My emails to Migraciones have been as useful as talking to a wall "go to the Consulta Unificada and you can get a live update as to the status" which is where I of course go everyday, since May, and why I wrote them in the first place.

Anyways, any guidance or suggestions are much appreciated, and if anyone has any tips of healthcare pre-pagas for someone with preexisting conditions I'm all ears too.

Thanks!
Hola,

Wow. Now I am totally shocked. Mine is like that since 3 weeks & last Friday I went to the central office in Puerto Madero. The line of people waiting just to ask a question or that have unresolved cases was huge. I waited half a day and I eventually got to speak with somebody at the entrance. The good thing is that they verify what happened with your case. They did that to mine & told me that everything's good & that all I can do now is wait.

I even managed to get inside because I just need to present a damn translation (which I already did through their platform, but no response yet). They reassigned my case but couldn't tell me a deadline....

All the people that I spoke with told me that indeed the platform is not very good & also that they are working in bubbles, hence the low efficiency.

Anyway, you should definitely take a day to go there and make the line. At least you will understand if there is a problem with your case.

Suerte!

My PR case was substantially easier done in Entre Rios. Migraciones in BA was a disaster. Migraciones out here in the boonies was substantially more chill. No lines around the block.

Back