Permanent Residency Application Stuck in "Proceso de supervisión"

I have to say, this is all so absolutely convoluted and complicated now.
Back in 2012 or so I walked into the building, papers in hand, and walked out an hour or two later with a precaria in had.
The DNI came to my house an hour later.
They took something that was largely working and messed it up for no good reason.
i had far far more success moving my PR to Migraciones in Entre Rios. Sede Central is a madhouse. Too many applicants, not enough employees.

I have to say, this is all so absolutely convoluted and complicated now.
Back in 2012 or so I walked into the building, papers in hand, and walked out an hour or two later with a precaria in had.
The DNI came to my house an hour later.
They took something that was largely working and messed it up for no good reason.
In my experience, Argentina always has a “good reason”, it’s just not available for public consumption. There is some benefit to the central government if the state agencies are broken. The central government populates these agencies with political hacks, not professionals. Ultimately, the agencies are only answerable to the central government, their patron, but not to their clients, the citizens. In short, the government consolidates its power while the people lose even more of theirs.

That's what they do, the canal único was of no use before, during, and after I started this thread. The only thing that helped was their Twitter. Don't bother calling or going in person, both are wastes of time. https://twitter.com/migraciones_ar and if they don't get back to you in 48 business hours tag @florcarignanook, the director, they really don't like her getting notified of problems it seems.
Thanks Quilombo, that was the only thing that worked. Migraciones misreplied (basically copied and pasted the same crap over 10 days) to all messages via their "canal unico", and ignored all direct messages in Twitter, even the Tweet to their account, until I tagged @florcarignanook, that finally did the trick.

The "solution" is too stupid for words: on the login page for the residency application you're supposed to input your "numero de expediente" and your date of birth. The date fields have little arrows to increment and decrement the numbers, e.g. 1, 2, 3... etc. However the page requires a '0' before the number, if it's a single digit. You might expect the arrow tools to leave the date in the format required, but no, that was beyond the capabilities of the programmer.

Hello!…
Wanted to tell you about my experience going through the process to get permanent residence, and specifically about one point. My application was also stuck in processo de supervision for many months. I contacted Migraciones and received a very curt reply, not giving any specifics at all. One day a few weeks ago, someone came to the house to do an informe socio ambiental. The woman showed me a paper that was dated from six weeks prior, from Migraciones, asking for an informe socio ambiental. ( Basically, it had been sent to the municipality here in my town, and they hadn’t done anything with it for weeks, and then finally someone in the municipality sent it to this woman who is in charge of the promocion communitaria office here, My point is that the minute that the informe socio ambiental was written and sent by courier from her office, to Migraciones, I received my permanent residence within three days. Still waiting for my DNI, but my case was “resueldo” not even two and a half weeks ago, and I know many take vacation in January. I recognize that my input/ personal experience might not be helpful, but if it can possibly help anyone, I hope it will. I started the process in July and the request for the informe socio ambiental was dated mid October. The request for the ‘informe’ languished on someone’s desk at the municipality for weeks…The reason why I am writing this is be patient, but at the same time be proactive and ask questions and be tenacious and nice at the same time. Use Twitter. Ask about the delay. Ask if paperwork is missing, ask if the delay is due to an informe needed. In my case, no paperwork was missing, I was just a lucky, random person they decided to choose for this. Everything that has happened to me has made me a more patient person and these experiences are humbling for sure. Learning that certain things here are beyond your control due to the way and the pace of things has been a type of awakening. It’s funny , when I am in touch with friends or family back in the US, their complaints, ( not health related of course), strike me as petty now. Gratitude is everything.

Back