Permanent residency for ARS$2,000?

CarverFan

Registered
A friend of mine has consulted with Casa del Tramite and they have promised to obtain for him full residency here for a one off fee of $2,000 pesos. http://www.casadeltramite.com.ar/

Has anyone had experience with this company? My friend is NOT currently eligible for residency through the usual categories (pensionista, rentista, investment, contracted by a local company, or through Argentine family).

I don't want him to waste his money, what is the general consensus here about applying through this company, has anyone been down this route? Also, what category of residency could they possibly obtain for him?

TIA.

CarverFan said:
Also, what category of residency could they possibly obtain for him?

What is their response when you ask them that?

Or does the Casa fall silent? :)

He hasn't asked this, but the company says he doesn't have to pay anything up-front, just provide passport copy, police record and birth certificate. They promised to deliver in just too months. Too good to be true?

CarverFan said:
He hasn't asked this, but the company says he doesn't have to pay anything up-front, just provide passport copy, police record and birth certificate. They promised to deliver in just too months. Too good to be true?

If not money is required upfront for any type of thing, I would give it a shot, sounds too good to be true, but when u have the right contacts anything can be done here, soooooooooooo

It's very easy to fake the documents for the rentista visa. They do absolutely no follow up in the States...

nikad said:
If not money is required upfront for any type of thing, I would give it a shot, sounds too good to be true, but when u have the right contacts anything can be done here, soooooooooooo

While this is true, I would be very careful about giving out a copy of my passport and all my information. ;)

Personally I wouldn't use them unless I had a solid recommendation that they are a legit entity and not just a front for identity theft. It would be difficult to go to police for fraud if you're caught trying to acquire residency by questionable means. :p

FWIW, I walk by the place on my daily "commute", on the outside it looks like a normal establishment. They seem to specialize in tramites pertaining to certain countries, Spain and Italy if I'm not mistaken. (UPDATE: Duh, it's right there on their website's homepage). I inquired once about a translation there, but found a cheaper option.

According to many horror stories I have heard from my chinese clients, to charge when they give you the papers is a normal "procedure" for getting fake papers.

I am not saying that this company works like that because I don t know them.

The point is that when you apply for permanent residency they send your file to the legal department, there they find all the fake papers your paralegal made and you and your case go straight to Comodoro Py Federal Criminal Court.

So, guess what, a paralegal or a lawyer cannot do something different than you at the DNM unless he bribes somebody or he falsificates papers.

We have a saying: "cuando la limosna es grande, hasta el santo desconfia".

Regards

I really don't know much about how administrative procedures work here.

But what if instead of a big criminal scam, what this place does is simply go start the tramite for you after you sign something that let's them represent you. If they are used to doing the paperwork and waiting in line, they could process a lot of applications. Say they have a connection here or there as well.

Then for the applicants that are accepted, they charge the fee, and regretfully inform the others that there was a problem.

My point is, what if they're just charging 2,000 pesos essentially to do paperwork and stand in line for you for an afternoon?

What (genuine) paperwork can they do? They can get your docs translated for you but do you have to pay extra (above the $2000 pesos) for the translation and legalization? It is vey easy to find a translator and always easy to communicate with them! Is the $600 peso fee for the visa included or is it exta? I also wonder why they are asking for the birth certificate when it is no longer required. If they perform this service (getting foreigners residency in Argentina) on a regular basis, why isn't their information up to date?

You still have to go in person to get the penales antecedente and have to get your fingerprints taken and send for the home country criminal report and have it certified. If you are applying for a visa as a pensionier or financier you have to get the appropriate docs on your own and have the Apostille for them as well. Even if you provide a "letter" from a CPA in thr "home" country, it has to be notarized and have the Apostille. Does the "legal department" at migraciones ever check to see if it was written by a real CPA or if the financial informantion is "accurate?"

When it comes time to "apply" for the visa you still have to go in person don't you? Even if you can have a gestor present the docs for you, appointments are required and the waiting time is less than ever. There are no application form to fill out, but it will be very helpful if someone who knows about the process and speaks Spanish goes with you. I know from experience. Patricia was also vey helpful at my first renewal when I didn't have updated financial information. Instead of having to get a new letter from my bank she just pointed out that the funds which produced my foreign income were in an "irrevocable" trust. That was all that was necessary and the renewal was granted.

Patricia charges $200 USD and that is a lot less than $2000 pesos. She is only charging to translate, but she knows how things "work" at migraciones. Does she have any special "connections" at migraciones? Not in any illegal sense. She has a great personality (she is from Uruguay) and gets along very well with the folks at migraciones. No one there has ever even hinted that she needed to pay anything extra and no one who has gone with her has been denied a visa or a renewal.

The title of this thread included the word "permanent" but the copy in the post used the word "full" residency and that is confusing as the latter is not a "real" category. Pat cannot help anyone get a permanent visa unless it is the third renewal of a temporary visa...and by then they shouldn't need help from anyone. Those applying for permanent residency based on a familiar realtionship shouldn't need outside help, either.

Back