Permanent Residency in other South American countries with Argentinian naturalised citizenship

buzz

Registered
I'm looking for other naturalised Argentine's experiences who have obtained Permanent Residency in countries that have a bi-lateral agreement with Argentina, often super seeding the Mercosur agreement.

------------------
Brazil

Immediate PR from a tourist visa. Does not mention any difference between natural-born vs naturalised Argentines

--------------

Uruguay

My understanding there is an agreement with Uruguay to obtain immediate PR. Can't find any details though.

--------------

Has anyone successfully applied for these?

I'm looking for other naturalised Argentine's experiences who have obtained Permanent Residency in countries that have a bi-lateral agreement with Argentina, often super seeding the Mercosur agreement.

------------------
Brazil

Immediate PR from a tourist visa. Does not mention any difference between natural-born vs naturalised Argentines

--------------

Uruguay

My understanding there is an agreement with Uruguay to obtain immediate PR. Can't find any details though.

--------------

Has anyone successfully applied for these?
The agreement mentions nothing about natural born citizens so clearly you should be able to obtain permanent residence on the spot. You can always send an email to the to the Argentine embassy in Brazil and ask them if you wanna be 100% sure.

Great post. I'd like to hear about other countries too.
Other than Brazil as far as I know for the rest of Mercosur countries, you can obtain permanent residence as naturalized argentine citizen, five years from the date of naturalization.

Other than Brazil as far as I know for the rest of Mercosur countries, you can obtain permanent residence as naturalized argentine citizen, five years from the date of naturalization.
Source?

correction

Other than Brazil as far as I know for the rest of Mercosur countries, you can obtain permanent temporary residence as naturalized argentine citizen, five years from the date of naturalization under the Mercosur agreement.
Straight to permanent only with Brazil due to a bilateral agreement outside of Mercosur. After 2 years with temp you can get permanent in the other countries as well.

Back