Permanent Residency (urgent)

Maikito

Registered
Hello people,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched but the answers we not 100% certain and immigrations doesn't answer the phone.

I have a permanent residency status in Argentina, but I´m returning to the US for an unknown period of time and I need to know if its 2 or 5 years that I have to return to Argentina in order to keep my permanent residency.

I'd appreciate your help guys. Are there any official migraciones link that i can read? I looked in their website too but I haven't found anything.

Thanks!

The last information I have is that you must be in Argentina at least one day every two years to maintain your permanent residency.

Maikito said:
Hello people,

Sorry if this has been answered before, I searched but the answers we not 100% certain and immigrations doesn't answer the phone.

I have a permanent residency status in Argentina, but I´m returning to the US for an unknown period of time and I need to know if its 2 or 5 years that I have to return to Argentina in order to keep my permanent residency.

I'd appreciate your help guys. Are there any official migraciones link that i can read? I looked in their website too but I haven't found anything.

Thanks!

You now have to spend over half the year of every year here to retain your permanent residency status.

Napoleon said:
You now have to spend over half the year of every year here to retain your permanent residency status.

Are you sure?

I think the six month requirement only applies to temporary residency and is necessary to be able to renew the visa. Of course all other requirements of the visa must be met as well for each renewal.

If you spend less than six months of the year in Argentina there is no reason to have temporary resident status.

steveinbsas said:
Are you sure?

I think the six month requirement only applies to temporary residency and is necessary to be able to renew the visa. Of course all other requirements of the visa must be met as well for each renewal.

If you spend less than six months of the year in Argentina there is no reason to have temporary resident status.

No, I'm not sure. But I thought that that was posted on here some time in the last 6 to 9 months.

There are at least two threads that deal with these questions. One is about the requirement to be in country at least six months per year to renew a temporary visa and the other is about the one day in two year rule to retain permanent residency:

Six months per anum in Argentina now required for temporary visa renewals

Permanent residency time limit?

Bajo_cero2 (Dr.Rubilar) indicated no one was checking to see how long permanent residents are out of the country but of course that could change at any time. I'd check at least once a year to see if anything does change.

The problem is with the new DNI because they have expiration date. When you want to renewal, you can´t.
With the old one you have to renew it only when you are 30 and that s it.
Regards

Bajo Cero - In terms of renewal - are u referring to temporary residency or permanent residency? I am married to an Argentine (and therefore have PERMANENT residency) and have had my DNI since 2007. I recently turned 30. Does this mean I have to renew it??

sivan said:
Bajo Cero - In terms of renewal - are u referring to temporary residency or permanent residency? I am married to an Argentine (and therefore have PERMANENT residency) and have had my DNI since 2007. I recently turned 30. Does this mean I have to renew it??

I mean with permanent residency. With the old DNI you had to renewal when you are 16 and 30. You must renew it but it is not going to be enforced.
With the new one I think its every 10 years. Then they check in the database and then you might be in troubles.
Regards

Back