Permanent Resident Voting Rights

thebookcellar

Registered
People tell me different things - but i wanted to know my voting rights as a permanent resident. I am not a citizen, but have my DNI etc.
Most people say i can vote in the city, but not in the presidential elections.
Last night someone said in order to have any right to vote i would have to do some kind of 'tramite'.
Anyone know?

You cannot vote on National Elections unless you are a citizen.

We can vote in the municipal elections -- not federal. Just last night I said that this coming weekend I was going to finally look into finding out what I have to do to make sure I'm registered -- when I have more info I'll post.

Check here to see if you're already on the electoral roll, if not they have all the info about what you have to do and where you have to go.

pauper said:
Check here to see if you're already on the electoral roll, if not they have all the info about what you have to do and where you have to go.

That site is for National Elections, he cannot vote on those...

It took me ages to come back to this post - thanks to those who replyed. I went to the cities website, the second link by pauper, and i am not on the register - so, next question - how do i get on the register?

INFO FOUND:
So, for Syngirl, it's as follows. I don't have time for these elections but the requirements to qualify to vote in the city are:
Resident for 3 years
DNI extranjero.
You dont have to have had the DNI for three years, but some kind of evidence of living here. I asked if an escritura is good enough, i was told yes - but any 'factura' that shows you were here is sufficient.
The tramite must be done in:
TRIBUNAL SUPERIOR DE JUSTICIA, Cerrito 760; Lunes a viernes, 9 a 15hs
Tel: 4370-8500

Back