Personal Photoshop Lessons Needed

LAtoBA

Registered
I'm looking for someone that is very familiar with CS4. Or at least familiar enough to be able to teach me how to use it well.

Specifically I am looking for some of the following skills: general touch up of photos;correcting for exposure, color, etc; skin softening; teeth whitening; blemish removal, etc.

I know there are a few photographers in here so maybe you can help. I am just starting out (several months in) and I'm trying to get into night club photography. So most of the photos I would be touching up would be for that, though I would also like to get into architectural photography as well.

Please pm or reply with rates and more information.

Thanks in advance.

ETA: Teaching me how to navigate Adobe Bridge would be an added bonus, though not necessary.

I-Joe, very funny. poor guy.

LAtoBA, I work in Photoshop a ton, but I'm a terrible teacher, but I would suggest tutorials as well. I don't generally look for tutorials on youtube, because even when they are not this awkward, they always seem a little painful to me. But text based ones.

If you start searching around for google terms like "photoshop best red eye removal" or "photoshop black and white level correction" you'll probably get a lot of info. In many cases these tools have nothing to do with which version you use. The major tools are common all the way through the photoshops so even older ones could be helpful.

I know a lot of people also use http://www.lynda.com/, but it's a paid thing.

Good luck, and if you have any specific questions, you can pm me and I'll see if I can help you out as well.

a

andebobandy said:
I-Joe, very funny. poor guy.

LAtoBA, I work in Photoshop a ton, but I'm a terrible teacher, but I would suggest tutorials as well. I don't generally look for tutorials on youtube, because even when they are not this awkward, they always seem a little painful to me. But text based ones.

If you start searching around for google terms like "photoshop best red eye removal" or "photoshop black and white level correction" you'll probably get a lot of info. In many cases these tools have nothing to do with which version you use. The major tools are common all the way through the photoshops so even older ones could be helpful.

I know a lot of people also use http://www.lynda.com/, but it's a paid thing.

Good luck, and if you have any specific questions, you can pm me and I'll see if I can help you out as well.

a

Thanks for responding. I've been using tutorials on youtube and tried a few text ones. I just don't do well with text tutorials....there are certain questions that I have that can't be learned. Youtube is a little better but not much. I can see that I would do better by watching someone in person and then copying what they do.

But perhaps I'll give this Lynda woman a try.

Thanks.

So I got one good solid lead from someone on here. The only thing is they're a bit more expensive than I would like to pay for lessons. Though, if it comes to that I will have to take them up on their services.

Just thought I would bump this! There has to be someone offering lessons in this city right? I'm looking for lessons in English just to be more specific. Thanks.

Hi LAtoBA, I use Photoshop professionally, but I use it only sparingly for portrait work (basic exposure correction, cropping, etc.). I use an inexpensive program called "Portrait Professional" to make the balance of the changes, including skin smoothing, wrinkle minimizing, iris brightening, teeth whitening, etc. It takes a fraction of the time it would take in Photoshop. It can be previewed/downloaded here: http://www.portraitprofessional.com/

If you would like a basic run-through of Photoshop (I have a handful of tried and true techniques -- no need to learn Photoshop inside and out for your needs) and a demo of the portrait program, please private message me and we can set up a one hour session (I am certain this is all you will need). If you travel to meet me at my place in San Telmo, I will work for ice cream.

Back