Pervasive Corruption From Left Right And Center.

Matt84

Registered
Nobody is immune.

A few years back one prominent forum member who dared establish a small store in Buenos Aires described in detail the experience of being put out of business by city inspectors, their corruption and greed. He lost an un-winnable battle and left Argentina with an apparently bittersweet aftertaste. His incredibly positive attitude may explain the sweet part.

More recently the City's government has been pushing a common sense agenda of recycling or residue sorting. I've been noticing "recycling information stands" and public employees distributing leaflets (how very eco-friendly) around the neighborhood. The City's inspectors apparently only see these new regulations as an opportunity to loot in innovative and more effortless ways:

Cafe La Biela was founded in 1850. It prospered and, unlike touristy Tortoni, it became a true landmark of Recoleta for neighbors and tourists alike. An institution.

Three days ago, after a single whiskey bottle was apparently placed not in the container reserved for glass, the city's inspectors demanded a huge informal cash settlement from La Biela. Unfortunately the owners or managers could not come up with the cash in time, and the most historic of Buenos Aires' cafes was closed for days.

I find this shocking and alarming:
1) If a consolidated, supposedly "connected", business such as La Biela, has to deal with this kind of abuse what hope is there left for just about any other business in this country?

2) If the YELLOW party has no qualms in attacking, bleeding, looting, even the most traditional of cafes in Buenos Aires, if they are attacking their own base, then, in what way are these YELLOW kleptocrats any different from the National Administration?

La Biela has re opened, but my already very eroded trust in the Yellow Kleptos has completely disappeared, and no amount of bike lanes or free glucose tests will change that.

What do YOU think?
Since this is not exactly breaking news and there's not much to say:
Thanking this post will be taken as a sign of righteous indignation.

Didn't know about this heavy handed maneuver. What was the point? To make an example of them? A simple shakedown?

Why did this story not make the papers?

One would think the media from (at least) one end of the spectrum or the other would consider this a scoop.

If matters are as they are being reported here, would these people not fear sunlight?

Isn't that the point of the press, to keep 'em honest?

Why did this story not make the papers?

One would think the media from (at least) one end of the spectrum or the other would consider this a scoop.

http://www.clarin.co...1358264420.html

http://www.lanacion....uraron-la-biela

From: http://www.clarin.com/ciudades/cafe-la_biela-reabrio-clausurado-fin_de_semana_0_1360063990.html

Según fuentes de Espacio Público, el lugar está registrado como un generador especial que produce más de 500 litros de residuos por día, por lo que por ley está obligado a separarlos en origen. Desde el Ministerio también informaron que había recibido intimaciones el 26 de marzo y el 21 de abril. Además de la clausura, la infracción tiene multas previstas de hasta $ 35.000.

yes and after those three days now la biela, or ANY other big restaurant in the city, does not produce miscegenated refuse any more. The system at work!!!
silly me

yes and after those three days now la biela, or ANY other big restaurant in the city, does not produce miscegenated refuse any more. The system at work!!!
silly me

Refuse of different races is actually breeding?

Welcome to Argentina!

ericoldtime-1748143-albums-private-stuff-pic122665-buena.jpg

Refuse of different races is actually breeding?

I am sorry for your American-propaganda-induced obsession with human genetics.

Miscegenation is only a fancy (latin) way of saying mixing things from different origins (not fates, origins) mis (mix) genus (kind)
you can mix things that are not able to reproduce, for instance one could say:

"do not put the organic waste with the plastic, it's miscegenation!"

Alabama (as all other states) will probably pass harsh garbage anti-miscegenation laws anytime in the future.

Back