Peso what level do you see it this year?

If there is a sudden and significant drop in the rate I will buy all the building material needed to finish converting the galpon to a guest house and make additional improvements to the house I live in, and be very glad I did not sell either of them separately.

Sure wait for the other shoe to drop..!!:rolleyes:

Sure wait for the other shoe to drop..!!:rolleyes:

I believe this to be a temporary blip and maybe reach 50 pesos per dollar before accomodating to 43 pesos for a determined time . But after the elections all bets are off and from my information it will reach over 70 pesos by December 2019

Who knows what the actual value will be. However, if this guy Sandleris at Banco Central continues in his job, and he continues to receive the political support he has gotten so far, there is no way we'll see another run. Sandleris reminds me of tough Paul Volcker. Sandleris is the first guy, in a long time, that knows what to do, and he does it vert well. He has a whip that keeps the dollar in check. Yesterday, the dollar got out of hand, and he got his whip out, and today, the dollar dropped.

Sandleris is very good. Don't underestimate the guy. When he was appointed last year, he came on board with an excellent program to keep the dollar under control. So far, he has succeeded wildly. The dollar is no way close to the upper band of his range. The drawback of his plan, of course, are today's interest rates. Unfortunately, that's tough but good medicine.

Viva Sandleris!

Who knows what the actual value will be. However, if this guy Sandleris at Banco Central continues in his job, and he continues to receive the political support he has gotten so far, there is no way we'll see another run. Sandleris reminds me of tough Paul Volcker. Sandleris is the first guy, in a long time, that knows what to do, and he does it vert well. He has a whip that keeps the dollar in check. Yesterday, the dollar got out of hand, and he got his whip out, and today, the dollar dropped.

Sandleris is very good. Don't underestimate the guy. When he was appointed last year, he came on board with an excellent program to keep the dollar under control. So far, he has succeeded wildly. The dollar is no way close to the upper band of his range. The drawback of his plan, of course, are today's interest rates. Unfortunately, that's tough but good medicine.

Viva Sandleris!

Can you please explain clearly and succinctly the policies in place by the current government that are beneficial to the economy ? You mentioned the Central Bank governer Sandleris who has been in power for now more than 5 months but this year the Argentinian peso has performed the worst of all currencies losing over 10% of its value this year . This is a shocking loss of buying power for local argentinians .
Read below the article from Clarin today that clearly states the reality

https://www.clarin.com/economia/economia/peso-moneda-devaluo-va-ano_0_U9UyolBao.html

Slanderis work has been to:" Reshuffle the Deck Chairs of the Titanic" :rolleyes: (An Old Saying attributed to Robert Reich)

1: Robert B. Reich The Work of Nations Preparing Ourselves for 21st-Century Capitalism ?

Can you please explain clearly and succinctly the policies in place by the current government that are beneficial to the economy ? You mentioned the Central Bank governer Sandleris who has been in power for now more than 5 months but this year the Argentinian peso has performed the worst of all currencies losing over 10% of its value this year . This is a shocking loss of buying power for local argentinians .
Read below the article from Clarin today that clearly states the reality

https://www.clarin.com/economia/economia/peso-moneda-devaluo-va-ano_0_U9UyolBao.html

Which of Sandleris & Macri's policies are beneficial? That depends on whether you believe high inflation is very good, or very bad for an economy, and for a nation's general public. Let me know your answer. Then, I may answer depending on your answer.

Please explain Ceviche ?

you do lot of speculation . You are not some Nobel prize winning economist or have a degree from London school of Economics. You only speculate and imagine how things will be from your perspective, as per your life experience. that's it.

No one knows what will happen by end of 2019. Only time will tell.

you do lot of speculation . You are not some Nobel prize winning economist or have a degree from London school of Economics. You only speculate and imagine how things will be from your perspective, as per your life experience. that's it.

No one knows what will happen by end of 2019. Only time will tell.

Of course I am speculating this is the right of all of us . I hope that I am wrong in my prediction but my intutition says not .

Back