Western Union money transfer

where are you seeing this WU exchange rate of 70+? when i go on there its 64..

where are you seeing this WU exchange rate of 70+? when i go on there its 64..

The funds must be paid in cash at a Western Union agency in the US and they mush be picked up in cash at a Western Union agency in Argentina.

As soon as you indicate that you are sending $ to Argentina and select that the $ will be paid in cash in USD in the US and picked up in pesos in Argentina, you will see the higher rate.

The rate will be locked in for 12 hours and the funds will be avialble "minutes" after being sent.

Steveinbsas....thank you for the WU instructions. Nice to see something in black and white....and it is!

Steveinbsas....thank you for the WU instructions. Nice to see something in black and white....and it is!
You´re welcome. I actually pulled the info directly from a post I made in this thread on Nov 1st.

The only change I would make today is that it might be possible to use the app to set up the transaction on a cell phone (though I haven't tried) and, according to stantucker, it's possible to enter the transaction number(which the receiver must get from the sender) in the app to be able to use a shorter line when retrieving funds in CF. In any case, the sender must provide the receiver with the transaction number so they can retire the funds in Argentina.

Here's the full post:

In order to get the higher exchange rate you don't have to login and you can't use the app.

You can go to the Western Union US website and set up the transaction as a guest.

The funds must be paid in cash at a Western Union agency in the US and they mush be picked up in cash at a Western Union agency in Argentina.

As soon as you indicate that you are sending $ to Argentina and select that the $ will be paid in cash in USD in the US and picked up in pesos in Argentina, you will see the higher rate.

Then enter the required information:

The state in which the funds will be paid.

The sender's name, address and phone number (you don't have to know their ID number but they must show a govt issued ID to send the $).

Your name and the govt issued ID (passport or DNI with CUIL/CUIT) you will be using to pick up the $.

PS: The rate will be locked in for 12 hours and the funds will be avialble "minutes" after being sent.

steve, one question.

can sender be myself? that is send money to myself from USA and retrieve it here myself.

And has one one tried sending money from Ecuador and Panama which are USD demoniated countries?

A point of interest - the WU transactions are en Blanco. Everything gets reported to AFIP. You’re required to report and possibly pay taxes on these transactions unless of course it is family support which is exempt up to $1000 a month.

Question, does the recipient need to make an account? I made an account online through a VPN and sent a transfer in pesos to my wife's account here. It was supposed to deposit today but its still in process. I saw a note that said in Argentina the recipient might need to register an account for a first time pickup. It seems to be talking about someone picking up cash in person, but its showing on my transfer status page so I wasn't sure.

It seems like transferring to a bank account here takes about 5-7 days to process even if the transfer clears in my US account right away.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!

Also, as of today I don’t know if anyone has noticed but in the lower transfer amount the fee has increased from $7 to $9 and the cash to cash rate has now dropped to 75.01 pesos per dollar.

Question, does the recipient need to make an account? I made an account online through a VPN and sent a transfer in pesos to my wife's account here. It was supposed to deposit today but its still in process. I saw a note that said in Argentina the recipient might need to register an account for a first time pickup. It seems to be talking about someone picking up cash in person, but its showing on my transfer status page so I wasn't sure.

It seems like transferring to a bank account here takes about 5-7 days to process even if the transfer clears in my US account right away.

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks!
I received pesos here without an account. I suggest going to the WU website: https://www.westernunion.com/us/en/home.html,
help, customer care, contact WU customer care, chat with us, chat now and ask them.

Back