Pets On Long-Distance Bus

chenkenichi

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with traveling with a pet on long-distance buses within Argentina? I've been told it is officially not allowed. I've also been told it shouldn't be a problem... In my case, I will be traveling with a small pet in a soft-sided carrier. Before I bank on it not being a problem, does anyone have any experience with trying this?

Does anyone have any experience with traveling with a pet on long-distance buses within Argentina? I've been told it is officially not allowed. I've also been told it shouldn't be a problem... In my case, I will be traveling with a small pet in a soft-sided carrier. Before I bank on it not being a problem, does anyone have any experience with trying this?

There are services that will take your dog where you're going: http://servicios.mercadolibre.com.ar/servicios-mascotas-traslados/

That said, I don't know any of these personally.

I saw a pet in a hard carrier placed in the baggage compartment of an omnibus! Just a little terrier! I'd find out from the company itself to be safe. I have snuck my 3 kilo dog in many places in a large tote. I have also brought her into stores and on planes in a soft carrier. The better if it looks like a gym bag or ladies tote, as long as your dog is quiet. But what about potty stops? That might be more of a problem if you are sneaking it.
There is also several combi services that allow dogs "in falda"( in your lap). However I have seen a Golden occupying a seat in said combi!

Back