Phone SIM cards, USDs, Plugs, Weather

Z

z0s0

Hi All! My fiancee and I are coming to BsAs in September for 3 months, and I have a few questions about the basics which Google hasn't really answered for me satisfactorily - so here goes:Is it possible and/or easy for non-residents to buy prepaid sim cards for their cell phones? Are any of the networks 3G, and offer data plans? I see lots of prices quoted in US dollars - presuming that you actually need to pay with US currency, where do you get it? Can you withdraw USDs from ATMs? Are most electrical sockets the two circular pin euro-style? Or is the diagonal 3 flat prong (Aussie style) socket common as well? How's the weather in mid September?Thanks for any and all answers!

1. Ok most people have a passport & an address. Do you mean an Argentine passport? What is "true" GPRS exactly, as opposed to not-true?
2. So where USD prices are quoted, is payment in US currency expected? If so, where _do_ you get it from?

"Fishface" said:
1. Ok most people have a passport & an address. Do you mean an Argentine passport? What is "true" GPRS exactly, as opposed to not-true?

2. So where USD prices are quoted, is payment in US currency expected? If so, where _do_ you get it from?

What the?

Back