Photocopy of DNI (instead of the real thing)

Alfred_Arnold

Registered
Hi, group. Just wondering if you have any success or epic-fail stories regarding only carrying a photocopy of your DNI in your wallet.
This would be for loss/theft prevention while out and about doing daily things. I suppose this would not work for any tramite or getting pulled over driving, but any issues with card payments at stores or PagoFacil or anything of the like?
Thank you.

Hi, group. Just wondering if you have any success or epic-fail stories regarding only carrying a photocopy of your DNI in your wallet.
This would be for loss/theft prevention while out and about doing daily things. I suppose this would not work for any tramite or getting pulled over driving, but any issues with card payments at stores or PagoFacil or anything of the like?
Thank you.
This is what the Digital DNI is for; it's legal for everything except voting or crossing borders, though some businesses may not be 100% familiar with it.

I used it to open bank accounts and a ML account while waiting for my physical DNI to come in the mail.

This is what the Digital DNI is for; it's legal for everything except voting or crossing borders, though some businesses may not be 100% familiar with it.

I used it to open bank accounts and a ML account while waiting for my physical DNI to come in the mail.
I'm really trying very hard to avoid the technocratic surveillance state for as long as reasonably possible...the line to cross will be needing to boot into TOR to buy black market e-moto Soylent Green deliveries.

I appreciate the suggestion though.

I'm really trying very hard to avoid the technocratic surveillance state for as long as reasonably possible...the line to cross will be needing to boot into TOR to buy black market e-moto Soylent Green deliveries.

I appreciate the suggestion though.
I got a color copy of my DNI at Staples, in the States, and had it bound in plastic. The first time I used it at the cashier's desk in a supermarket in basas, the lady said this is fake, and did not accept it, so I paid with cash. Several times later, I had no problem except with my bank. Tellers would not accept it. It's hit and miss but it's worth not carrying the original with you at all times.

Back