Photography course?

Canick

Registered
hi I'm nick from canada. I'm new to the site and primarily looking for a way to meet people (both expats and locals) that's not just in a bar environment. I seem to have that side covered!

I thought perhaps on top of my spanish classes, I could also take some other educational or interesting courses while i was here. (For instance a photography course). As an intermediate level speaker, I am however worried my Spanish may not be sufficient to understand everything.

Does anyone have any suggestions for interesting courses to take (in English or Spanish) that are not just about learning the language or Tango/salsa?

any suggestions much appreciated

n

Kredburn on this forum is a photographer. She might be interested in giving you photography course. You can try PM her.

I'm currently taking a photography course at UBA Rojas. Corrientes between Junin & Ayacucho.

There are some classes that start up this month. In fact, right now. You should check them out.

http://www.rojas.uba.ar/

suerte

The Centro Cultural Recoleta has a huge Photography Department, currently only in Spanish. I know that probably this April will be an sculpture class for beginners in English. Good luck!

The only way we expats will learn castellano is to immerse ourselves in the language. When I first got here I took a few photography courses in Spanish and it was very difficult, but worth it because I learned all the technical terms in Spanish. Photoshop courses in Spanish are also useful. Don't be afraid to take courses taught only in Spanish. There's always someone that speaks a little English that can help you.

I figured it's better to bring up and add to and old thread that start a new one. This way all the info is together.

So, my query is this:

I would like to take a photography class at a photography school in commercial indoor/studio photography and not artistic or landscapes/cityscape, etc.

Ideally I'd like it to be a course that has structure and progression and you get some sort of certificate when you are done. I don't need the certificate. I just seem to learn better this way than with the "open studio/individualized" classes type thing. I've taken a lot of these since I've been here and although they are fun, I'm not sure I'm really learning anything.

Does anyone know of any photography schools that have commercial/studio photography programs? I've found some online. But there have been some obstacles so I haven't been able to start anything yet.

Any idea? Plz! :) Thank you!!

Back