Place for large family

Austin Bennett

Registered
Hello, I'm starting the process of possibly leaving the United States with my family, which inlcudes my wife and five children ranging from 1 to 11. I'd like to find a safe place that would allow me to start a new life there.

I haven't settled on Argentina, or South America for that matter. I am a Financial Advisor and am certain the United States is headed for a financial collapse, then Marshall Law and it will get worse from there...

This is a very difficult decision for my wife and me. We both speak spanish fluently and would prefer a large lot with land to grow vegetables. Even as I write this I am saddened at the thought, but based on what I believe to be true, I need to protect my family and get out of the USA.

I am not sure what I can affored right now or what options I would have to make a purchase. This process may be a couple of years, so I thought I might be able to put down 150k and continue to pay for the property until we move.

I have five properties in the United States, and seeking honest advice. Please respond only if you have good advice to give. Respectfully, please don't waste my time with false opportunities. I am not stupid.

I appreciate any thoughts, even redirecting me to another country if you think it's worth my consideration. I am not sure what I will be doing for a living. We may open up a restaurant or something like that. I also worked as a journalist and reporter for an NBC affiliate and might consider writing again.

Thanks again.

Austin

If safety is an issue for you, you are probally limiting yourself to countries.

There are plenty of houses available for either rent or sell and for every budget

You would need a car if you ever chose to live in a country

Sell off your properties, invest in bonds in many different first world countries and put part of your cash in banks with good credit rating and find a hobby and/or start growing vegetables

The vegatables (meaning garden for my wife) is not top priority. I'd like to find a new home and culture my family can appreciate and grow with. Per my post, what countries would you recommend I look at and what cities? If you have a thought on that, I'd appreciate it.

I would say any city in Western - Europe is probally your best pick but if you are an American citizen it might not easy to move there and if you have dollars your money is not worth a lot.

About the city in South America, it really depends on what you are looking for. BA is a huge city. A smaller city like Cordoba, Mendoza, Salta or Rosario might be a lot better for you. A lot cheaper as well

"I haven't settled on Argentina, or South America for that matter. I am a Financial Advisor and am certain the United States is headed for a financial collapse, then Marshall Law and it will get worse from there..."

Although you may be proven right about this, I wonder why you would look into moving to Argentina?? If you think the economy here is better managed or more stable than the US, dig a little deeper and do more research. It tends to collapse every 10 years or so. The macro trends are currently not promising as well. However, if that is not your main concern by all means I recommend you live here. I love the culture, people, city, etc. On the other hand if your greatest concern is economic stability and prosperity go east. I recommend you look into moving to Asia, specifically Singapore or Hong Kong and start teaching the little ones Mandarin.

Thanks again. I will keep that in mind. Also, I am an American citizen. North America is not an option for us. Europe is a consideration, although I have heard very good thing about South American countries, including Peru, Chile and even Columbia (hard to believe). I've read Columbia is a wealthy country with all its resources (and not counting what it's famous for...) We live in Sacramento, CA.

Great food for thought Mike. Thank you. I'm not looking to build great wealth, only be able to provide for my family and enjoy life. It can be a simple life, as long as we have our needs met.

MikeB12 said:
"I haven't settled on Argentina, or South America for that matter. I am a Financial Advisor and am certain the United States is headed for a financial collapse, then Marshall Law and it will get worse from there..."

Although you may be proven right about this, I wonder why you would look into moving to Argentina?? If you think the economy here is better managed or more stable than the US, dig a little deeper and do more research. It tends to collapse every 10 years or so. The macro trends are currently not promising as well. However, if that is not your main concern by all means I recommend you live here. I love the culture, people, city, etc. On the other hand if your greatest concern is economic stability and prosperity go east. I recommend you look into moving to Asia, specifically Singapore or Hong Kong and start teaching the little ones Mandarin.

He is not looking to invest

If I were you I would also think about what you want to do, maybe you can get into teaching, consultancy/advice/managing your own assets or writing or combinations of the 3

Back