Planning a trip to Arg, suggestions needed

swtcaligurl

Registered
Hi everyone!

I am a newly registered user but have been following this website for a few weeks now. It is very interesting to read about many of you guys' stories and experiences abroad.

I am from California, US and a nursing student who is planning on visiting BsAs for a month in a year or so. I will be traveling with two other friends and neither of us has a lot of money as of right now, but hopefully we will have saved enough by then.

I would like to know more about what we need to bring with us besides passports and clothes. Weatherwise, between what months is the best time to visit, if we prefer warmer weather over the cold? I also read in an old thread in which a poster mentioned that it would be cheaper to rent an apartment than to pay for a hotel, does this fit your experience? What are the types of style worn by most locals during summer time? I would really appreciate any suggestions. Please feel free to fill in anything. Thank you for all your time!

Different people might mean different things by 'warmer weather.' This chart here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buenos_Aires#Climate more or less accords with my experience of weather through the year so I'd guess you could use it to pick what you prefer. Remember that the seasons are the other way round so if you are an autumnal kindofagal you should be thinking of visiting during the northern hemisphere spring. As for the other things, watching the local news channels over the internet, if they don't frighten you away with hyperventilated diatribes about the 'inseguridad' will at least show you what people wear. And for the rest - hotels, apartments, prices and the like - it's difficult to know how things are going to be in a week or a month, let alone a year or more so I'd keep reading this site and keep an open mind until you get a bit nearer your travel dates.

Back