Please add any tips which can day to day make life easier for new expats!

A good way to make friends when you first arrive (assuming you speak a little Spanish) is by taking classes on something you are interested in. You'll get to meet new people and most Argentines are very social. Lots of times you can go get a drink after class, make new friends, invite someone out on a date, etc.

I took a photography class when I first arrived to meet artistic types and other people who liked to travel, I took salsa classes to meet women, and right now I am taking an auto repair course and I met other car enthusiasts.

TIP: Pick your class according to the type of people you want to meet. (i.e. The car class is not the place to meet women.)

kavanap said:
On back of my recent post I would like to extend this tread to everybody who can contribute to making life a little easier for new expats.

http://baexpats.org/expat-life/22433-5-tips-newcomers.html

Please post anything that you know now and wished you had known before which would have made a difference.

Best tip gets a free Big Mac combo!

The best advice I can give is fourfold: correct your spelling before you post, buy your own Big Mac combo, don't take advise from newcomers, and stay in your home country . :p

correct your spelling before you post, buy your own Big Mac combo, don't take advise from newcomers,

spelling - good point. i hate to point it out to you, but it's advice, NOT advise, steve. so if you're the pot, you know what not to call the kettle.... and get yourself a spelling lesson ;-)

Back