Please help. Expedited Passports for Lost / Stolen for travel

eastman747

Registered
Hi everyone! I have a flight to the United States on Thursday but I of course lost both my Argentine and US passports while traveling this past weekend :(

...has anyone tried expediting their passports to get in 48-72 hours in either the Argentine or US systems? Just a long shot - for the Argentina passport from what I read on the internet you have to wait 15 days but just curious with the new Argentine system if it was possible to do an expedited request.

As far as the US passport, anybody ever had to do the same thing? Sorry for the bother! Since I was born in Argentina, I can only leave the country under Argentine passport. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ANY HELP IN ADVANCE!

I lost my passport in Amsterdam. I got a new US passport in one day at the US Consulate. They will charge you but if you don't have the money you can pay them later. Go to the US consulate here and ask, I think you will need get photos made first. It should be easy or at least it was for me.

What terrible luck...to make an appt for a US passport online, there is a 2 week wait although it is then possible to request for it to be expedited:
http://argentina.usembassy.gov/passports.html
I would call them (5777-4533) and ask if you can bypass this appt wait but it sounds unlikely to be ready by Thursday.
I've heard from another thread that Argentine passport applications are in a state of chaos due to a changeover in the system. This is the online turno request link:
http://www.mininterior.gov.ar/pasaporte/turnos.php
There was a demo recently as people had waited months for theirs...

....And this is the Renaper hotline if you prefer to speak to someone about an appt: 0800-999-9364

Your US passport, I would say yes. Your Argentine passport, I would say no. The passport and DNI system is in a shambles ever since the federal police quit making them. The fact is,.. there is virtually no one to speak to about any problems you may have. Even lawyers here do not know what is going on; believe me, I have asked. In theory it is possible to expedite, but they won't even let you through the doors at Paseo Colon to talk to anyone! It's almost a riot down there. I suggest you change your flight plans.

Back