Please Help Me With My Studies! :)

matdrums

Registered
Hello fellow BAExpats,
First, I'll start with some background info. I was born in Argentina and left to the United States when I was around 4 years old. I was able to get my US citizenship so I'm a dual citizen. I finished my education in the U.S. (up to my high school diploma) and now I've once again rejoined my family in Argentina. I left everything in America, not looking back. Once I got here, I realized that I should've came more prepared and taken the right steps. With that been said, I want to begin my college education but the only document (educational document) I've brought is my high school diploma. Is that enough? Does it need to be validated? Also is there any exams (I know there's no SAT or ACT) I need to take before I enter college?

I've tried acquiring this information through the ministry of education website but I'm just not getting exactly what I need.

If you have this and more information about this subject, please do not hesitate to tell me or to share some thoughts.

Thank you and hopefully I can hear from someone.

I looked into this a bit and I think you need something called Formación Nacional. I think it's similar to a GED in the US.

Here is a relevant thread here to get you started - it's full of good info and links. Using the search function should help too.
http://baexpats.org/topic/33435-applying-for-the-cbc-high-school-diploma-or-transcript/

Argentina has agreements with many countries (mostly Spanish speaking ones, plus France and maybe a few others) where they will accept a foreign high school degree. The US is not one of these countries, so as far as I could tell, a US diploma isn't sufficient to be equivalent to a high school degree here.

If you don't have luck asking people at UBA, but you may actually get better help if you go to a for-profit university such as UBelgrano. You don't have to actually attend UBelgrano (it's not cheap), but since they're for-profit, maybe they have more incentive to give you useful advice on what is required for admission into college in Argentina.

Matdrums,

If I was you, I would spend one more year in US and enroll in to :-

http://www.missionu.com

Its the real deal.

I know Adam Braun very well. he is a awesome man and this is his new project.

Its completely free education lasting one year where they dont charge you any money ; you dont have to take any loans. And only if you are able to get a job of 50,000 USD or more per year - you pay thm 15% of your wages for first 3 years.

Its a brand new project. Get into it.

Hello fellow BAExpats,
First, I'll start with some background info. I was born in Argentina and left to the United States when I was around 4 years old. I was able to get my US citizenship so I'm a dual citizen. I finished my education in the U.S. (up to my high school diploma) and now I've once again rejoined my family in Argentina. I left everything in America, not looking back. Once I got here, I realized that I should've came more prepared and taken the right steps. With that been said, I want to begin my college education but the only document (educational document) I've brought is my high school diploma. Is that enough? Does it need to be validated? Also is there any exams (I know there's no SAT or ACT) I need to take before I enter college?

I've tried acquiring this information through the ministry of education website but I'm just not getting exactly what I need.

If you have this and more information about this subject, please do not hesitate to tell me or to share some thoughts.

Thank you and hopefully I can hear from someone.

Do you want to go to a public university or a private? Public is free. La UBA is very good and is public. You will have to get your diploma legalized, which you will do at the facility on Uriburu across the street from the school of medicine (facultad de medicina). You should be counseled through that process though.

More than likely, you will need to take classes through the CBC (Ciclo básico común) before starting University: http://www.cbc.uba.ar/

Unfortunately, the only experience I have with other universities or private universities was with the University of Belgrano, but that was through an exchange program and I did not have to do any groundwork.

Are you in Capital?

I
Do you want to go to a public university or a private? Public is free. La UBA is very good and is public. You will have to get your diploma legalized, which you will do at the facility on Uriburu across the street from the school of medicine (facultad de medicina). You should be counseled through that process though.

More than likely, you will need to take classes through the CBC (Ciclo básico común) before starting University: http://www.cbc.uba.ar/

Unfortunately, the only experience I have with other universities or private universities was with the University of Belgrano, but that was through an exchange program and I did not have to do any groundwork.

Are you in Capital?

I definitely want to do public and I'm in Quilmes, I went to the uni. of Quilmes which was closer but most people I talk to are pointing me to the UBA.

I

I definitely want to do public and I'm in Quilmes, I went to the uni. of Quilmes which was closer but most people I talk to are pointing me to the UBA.

The one in Quilmes...? Sería la de Avellaneda? A good friend of mine goes there. She seems to like it. I was living in Bernal and traveling to Capital every day for a little over month. It was hard for me. I don't know if it would be for you, too.

Do you know what you want to study?

**Nevermind. The one in Avellaneda can't be the one in Quilmes... I just looked at a map ;-) **

The one in Quilmes...? Sería la de Avellaneda? A good friend of mine goes there. She seems to like it. I was living in Bernal and traveling to Capital every day for a little over month. It was hard for me. I don't know if it would be for you, too.

Do you know what you want to study?

**Nevermind. The one in Avellaneda can't be the one in Quilmes... I just looked at a map ;-) **

Degree in Music and Technology

Back