Plumbing fixtures standard

gerscara

Registered
Does anyone know if the plumbing fixtures' standards are the same here as in NA? Pipes, valves, shower, faucets etc. Would Delta faucets fit on the local valves?
Alternatively, would Delta valve fit on local pipes?

I brought down a delta kitchen faucet from US.
It has plastic ends on the supply line that took a few stops to find the correct size.
In general they are English (3/4") size pipes so you should be ok.

I brought down a delta kitchen faucet from US.
It has plastic ends on the supply line that took a few stops to find the correct size.
In general they are English (3/4") size pipes so you should be ok.
thank you Brandon, much appreciated

plumbing pipe threads are english standard in inches here. all other dimensions will be metric, but the threads and pipe sizes fit US fittings. I am not sure why you would do that, though- most current american brands sold in the USA, until you get into the really high end stuff, are not very high quality made in china, with lots of plastic. If you are bringing down $1000 kohler, maybe it would make sense, but the standard griferia here, the FV brand, is cast bronze or brass, nickel or chrome plated, with replaceable o rings and wear parts, that is much much higher quality than most home depot level faucets available in the USA. I am 12 years into the FV faucets and hardware I installed in my kitchen and 2 baths, and its all working great still. I had one issue with a faucet diffuser screen, a half block walk to the nearest plumbing supply on Guemes bought me a new one for under a dollar. Especially with the current exchange rates, the argentine made plumbing fittings are an incredible bargain.
The one thing you CANT get in Argentina is an undersink water filter with replaceable filters. At any decent plumbing or hardware store in the USA, or on Amazon, maybe 40 bucks, with new filters 10 bucks each. In argentina, usually only very pricey countertop units are available. I installed one of those, and found that often argentine pipe threads are straight cut, rather than tapered, so you need lots of teflon tape. https://fvsa.com/product-category/cocina/

Anyone seen a delta touch smart faucet here? Probably going to bring mine back from the states next time I go and replace the current piece of crap in my apt.

I am very old, I guess- to me, a voice activated wifi or bluetooth faucet is just asking for trouble. First, you have the voltage issues to sort out- all the us versions come with a 120 volt power supply, you will have to find a compatible 220 power supply, then install an outlet under your sink to power it. Then, you are at the mercy of argentine wifi, internet, and electricity "reliability".
There are also "smart" faucets that require Alexa.
Very often, in my house some or all of those services dont work.
I much prefer a faucet that is hand activated, as I have control over that...

Plus, the electronics will, of course, fail, eventually, as all electronics do. I kinda doubt there will be spare parts at the ferreteria.

however, since everything MUST be controllable by phone, I think the Argentines will be making their own "smart" faucets soon.

This just runs on double AA batteries. No apps or anything you just touch it on and off. Thought it was dumb at first but turned out to be super handy for when you have chicken juice hands or whatnot.

that sounds better, but still prone to breakage. I was looking at the Delta touch 20 system, which requires a plug in power supply, and is voice activated. Or the Kohler system, which is Alexa/Amazon run, or you can use a smartphone app, to make all your bathroom and kitchen stuff voice activated.
I use paddle handles for hands free faucets- you can turn em on with your wrist or elbow.
I usually mule AA batteries down, as they cost double in Argentina, and have a shelf life, which, often, when you check the packaging at the ones from the kiosko, already expired.

next time you mule down batteries, mule down some rechargeable ones!

next time you mule down batteries, mule down some rechargeable ones!
I have always had pretty bad luck with rechargable AA's. I find they dont take very many charges before the fail. I use rechargables in many things- cordless drills and grinders, mini-vacs, portable bluetooth speakers, computers and phones, with pretty good lifespans, but those are usually lithium, not just garden variety AAs.

Back