Podcasts

Gerrysan

Registered
Hi All,

Recently I've got into podcasts through helping a blind friend with his computer/iphone and other tech malarky.

Here are a few I listen to. Post yours please.

No agenda The hosts are Adam Curry and John C. Dvorak They look at mainstream news and take it apart. Their formula is " We go out there and hit people in the mouth" Not for the faint hearted and can be very funny at times.

Twit TV A whole bunch of Tech related podcasts. They have both audio and video "Net Casts" as they call them.

In Our Time with Melvyn Bragg link to the rss feed I have always like his take on the subjects he looks at both Historical, cultural and Scientific

Freakonomics Outside the box thinking on economics these are the guys who wrote the book of the same name.

TED Talks Lots of speakers talking about everything usually good sometimes incredible occasionally BS.

Looking forward to hearing from ye's about your picks

Cheers Gerry

HBR - Ideacast
NPR - Planet Money
NPR - This American Life
Hows Stuff Works - Stuff you missed in history class.

The New York City Crime Report. That podcast is seriously funny (and verging upon the inappropriate).

Here you go Phil:

http://cavecomedyradio.com/nyccrimereport

I almost feel embarrassed posting that link. It's proof of a sick sense of humour.

To name a few of my favorites: Vinyl Cafe (CBC), Car Talk (NPR), Prairie Home Companion (NPR), Marketplace (NPR).

The off the ball podcast
http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/otb

but most of you wont care about scottish football :D

oh man here we go:
the moth (incredible true stories)
On the media (WNYC) (Science made awe inspiring)
Dan Carlin's Hardcore history (amazingly entertaining world history show)
Common sense with Dan Carlin (no nonsense US politics)
Intelligence squared (NPR)
Radiolab (WNYC)

If your friend ends up liking any of these and hankering for more, let me know. I'm a digital hoarder and all of these (and some already mentioned on this thread) are way to good to ever consider deleting, IMHO.

I'm gonna check out the buenos aires expats podcast!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NickF Expat Life 3
V Expat Life 1
Back